2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, been reading about others misfortunes with thieves and I guess my number came up in the lottery of life. My son had guns and cameras (video and 35mm) stolen from his Explorer last night in Kingsville (TAMUK). Broke glass to gain entry. Just off campus at an apartment complex. He wasn't the only one who got it. At least one other so far. Sooo, if anyone is offering to sell some stuff give me a yell, willya? Great FDay present--over a grand in losses. Many thanks to you thieving lowlife scum. Thanks for hearing all................................

·
Registered
4,426 Posts
That definitely sucks. They broke into every car and truck on my block a couple of months ago. You simply cannot afford to leave anything of value in your vehicles any more. I've lost GPS after GPS, stereos, etc. Nothing but factory stereos for me now. If they break into my truck, the most they're going to get is a pair of Costas.

·
Registered
7,457 Posts
Sorry to hear that Gulf, unfortunately i hesitate to leave my Costa sunglasses or my cell phone in my truck even when i run into the convenience store. I dont trust a soul, because someone some where wants to take what i worked for. Good luck and tell him to check all of the pawn shops regularly

·
Kayak Fisher
7,566 Posts
Hmmmm....

Maybe we should all be buying our stuff from the pawn shops. Then when it's stolen it won't hurt so bad. It'd be like recycling. Yeah, that's it! Recycling.

·
Registered
576 Posts
they got a good friend of mine at olive garden at baybrook mall. police told them that at least 3 cars a day on weekends for the last 6 months is the average seems like they could do something to stop this

·
Banned
1,375 Posts
pawn shops

Mrs Backlasher said:
Hmmmm....

Maybe we should all be buying our stuff from the pawn shops. Then when it's stolen it won't hurt so bad. It'd be like recycling. Yeah, that's it! Recycling.
THe problem that I have had with pawn shops is you can actually go buy alot of stuff cheaper new, it amazes me they stay in bussiness!

Sorry for the loss I'm just waiting for someone to get my GPS' and sonar out of my boat. I just don't have a whole lot of faith in a piece of 1/4 inch flexigass with a couple of locks on it.

Its pretty bad that things have gotten bad enough that you cannot walk in to a convient store or even bait camp with things in your truck or boat without having someone stand right next to it to watch it. Nothing like providing drug money for a bunch of crack heads....

·
Get Off My Bay!
6,584 Posts
I have had my cars broken into three times. My favorite is when they try to punch the lock and tear the metal. Insurance covers most of it, but the camera, guns, and anything not "permanently affixed to the car" is not covered. It would have to be covered under homeowners insurance if you have that clause. If not they won't help. Just curious, why did he have all that stuff in his car?

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ya know, I'm beginning to think that a "cottage industry" could be born here in America. Just like the guys in Mexico who will watch your car for a fee. Hang yourself out at the bait shops et al and offer to guard their stuff for a little cheese. I guess if you have a baseball bat with you, you will be more convincing. I know that I would have given 3 bux more than once to run in somewhere and use the bathroom when I had a mountain of fishing stuff in the truck..... Sounds better than selling flowers at the off ramps, eh? Thanks for the condolences, guys....................................................

1 - 9 of 9 Posts