2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some buddies and I fished corpus bay last week and had several bulls swim close. I just got an e-mail from him and he said that A LOT of wadefisherman are reporting bulls to 200lbs in the bays. He thinks it is all the freshwater. These sharks were nice ones in 2 feet of water. If I weren't going offshore the next day we would had gone back and caught them Florida style.

Brandon Pope

·
Registered
206 Posts
I have heard the same thing here in Galveston. My buddy was just telling me about a 5' blacktip that was caught off of 18th st pier in SanLeon.

·
Vendor
93 Posts
Summer is always a great time to catch sharks in the bays - yet few people target them. Fish your channels on outgoing tide and hang on . Or fish the same areas at slack tide but use no weight on your big bait....You may not get that Tiger but I will take a 150lb Bull over a big trout every time. These fish have already spawned and now just want to eat. Fish just North of the Key Allegro pass at night in 4-6 ft of water and you will understand. Good luck and please release. Chumming will guarantee you a score and possibly a tarpon.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.