2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hah! Those little buggers thought I would be satisfied with one nights massacre. Think again scorpions. I went out again tonight with my 2 daughters and niece in tow looking for the little glowing buggers with my trusty UV flashlight. I was ready to go to bed when I tied last nights record of 11 but my entourage would not let me quit so we stopped when we got to 13. I got number 14 in the garage on the final sweep. That makes 29 including the 4 we had killed in the house the past 4 days. I'm lovin' it.
Tom

·
Banned
324 Posts
Nothin creeps me out more than the thought of crawling into my sleeping bag and finding one of those nasty little mothers in there with me. I am going on a four day bowfishing/fishing/camping trip on the Lampassass river and you can bet I will be doing a inspection of my shoes and my sleeping bag before I get into either of them. Any boone and crockett scorpions?

·
Registered
3,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quack, this flashlight I got takes 3 C cell batteries and has both UV and Xenon bulb light. Perfect for checking for nasty little mothers and for regular light use.
Tom

·
Registered
564 Posts
I've always been scared of them little suckers. Back in the 60's I was at a 2 week scout camp on the frio river. We were warned there were a lot of scorpions, so I was EXTRA careful. One afternoon I was rigging my trusty shakespeare spincast, sitting on my cot, for the evening fishing. I felt something on my pants leg so I feared the worst. I looked down to see a tarantula the size of a soup bowl crawling over my knee. Needless to say, I screamed like a woman at a foley's clearance sale. And needless to say, my tent mates never let me forget it. I didn't worry about scorpions after that.

·
Keep it on the short grass
236 Posts
Close call...

Last night I was playing poker with my laptop on my lap when I glanced down to see something brown crawling on my lap towards the underneath of my laptop. I slowly picked up my laptop thinking it coudn't be a scorpion and holyshiite... it was a scorpion :eek: ! I dropped my laptop when I tried to flick that sucker away, which worked, and surprisingly my laptop is fine, too.Sounds like I may need to invest in a UV light...

·
Registered Somewhere
5,633 Posts
Pocboy said:
Quack, this flashlight I got takes 3 C cell batteries and has both UV and Xenon bulb light. Perfect for checking for nasty little mothers and for regular light use.
Tom
I may have missed it. What brand is the light and where did you get it?

·
Registered
5,328 Posts
I live right down the road from La Vernia in Adkins & have the same problem here in the sandy area close to the lake. Interested in your brand of flashlight too. Giving me a idea of guided night scorpion hunts for the city slickers that visit.....

Found it on your previous post........

Tattered,
The flashlight is a Streamlight Twintask 3c
http://streamlight-flashlights.stor...c-uv-black.html
It has three modes: 3 UV LED, 6 UV LED, 1 Xenon bulb. I was amazed at how easy it was to see them from about 6 feet. It is really just a blacklight in a flashlight and it is also great at finding cat messes on carpet.
Tom

·
Banned
324 Posts
Yeah thanks let me know about the light I am going to have to invest in one before my trip. I am excited and you know I never even thought about scorpions until I read your post today. I think thats why I am still awake at 1:20am I am scared of the nightmares i might have.!!!

·
Registered
41 Posts
I bought some stuff called CY-KICK at the Ace hardware store last summer and got after it. I went from 6-8 on each side of the house every night down to maybe 2-3 all week long. I just ran out and will be getting more this weekend. IT knocks them back for sure as well as the spyders and everything else.

DONT get it on your wifes flowers and plants....I still get an ear full from this springs flower massacre. It wont hurt them unless you mix it real strong like I did.

Happy Hunting

1 - 15 of 15 Posts