2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
In the Surf
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have a guess on the score and age? I walked out of the front door this evening and I had 5 bucks feeding in a food plot about 300 yards away. I really havent seen any decent deer until this year. I got the pic of the 8 pointer below through my spotting scope but couldn't get a decent pic of the 12 point with a drop tine on one side that was with him.:mad: Hopefully I can get a game cam soon so I can get some close up pics.

http://www.refugepics.com/members/TexasGeese/deer2.jpg

·
Hullabaloo!
686 Posts
Tough to do accurately without knowing something on the body size. Hell, tough to do with it. Nice buck 4thbreak. Let's see the drop tiner!
130-140 gross B&C

·
Registered
5,498 Posts
Wife says 4.5 ......130-135....Best guess since hes in velvet.

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
I agree with Lioness on the score to the mid 130's. I say 3.5 - 4.5 yrs. That guy still has at least another 1 1/2 months to grow some more (depending are where you're located).

I'll look forward to see some game cam pics once he is out of velvet. Good luck!

·
Wish I was in Mexico Huntin!
189 Posts
Pretty much impossible to try and score him still in velvet, but will put him at 4yrs. Where you located? Have camera, will travel!

·
Registered
183 Posts
cant tell age of deer this early but i would guess 135. He looks like hes done growing but he could sprout a few more inches

·
Give it hell Remy!
42,851 Posts
I agree with 3.5 years... hard to score though. I would say 130-135 easy.

·
Give it hell Remy!
42,851 Posts
He is going to be a pretty deer if somebody doesn't blast him this year.

·
Registered
686 Posts
118 to 125 tops....

3.5 years

His neck is small and it makes him look bigger.

The spread is not much past his ears,maybe 17" - 18" inside spread.

·
Give it hell Remy!
42,851 Posts
The spread is really hard to tell from the 2 angles given... he could be 19 or 20.. just guesswork from those pics. He is definately not more than 3.5 y.o though... look at his chest and belly. Hell, he could be 2.5.

·
TxDuSlayer
4,770 Posts
In my personal opinion it's a 130/class deer and 31/2 year old. Forget what it score's that is a beautiful deer and true trophy in most hunters book it is in mine.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
i would have to agree with most that this deer is 3.5 years old and as far as the score, i would have to say that the right side would be around, Who the hell cares just pull the trigger :tongue: and lets start cooking up them backstraps.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I also agree with the 3.5 year aging but impossible on the score for a couple months. If the velvet were to harden as it stands now I would guess 135+. Let him go a year or two and see what he'll turn into.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Nice deer....

Remindes me a little of this one....

Had him rough scored by the TP&W biologist shortly after we got him caped out at 130, and aged at 4 1/2 and 21" inside. Not too shabby for an East Tx free range buck. I saw him the last day of the season the year before and he just barely was at the tips if his ears. What really got me in gear over the horns was the white throat patch, which goes all the way down the front. Totally unique from any other one I have seen. Since we have seen two with the same aspect which top this one easily. So I know he passed it on.

Good Luck on your upcoming season, sounds like you might have a couple of tough decisions headed your way.:D

LAter,
SR

·
Headhunter...Fishhunter.. .Deerhunter...
1,586 Posts
Wait a year, and check him on the ground, much easier to measure him then..

·
Banned
315 Posts
I have to agree w/ the 120 maybe less if your in the hill country or central texas, I didn't think the bucks down south hadn't developed that much yet. So where are u located.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts