2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
1,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went fishing again last night with HookedUpx2, I took no bait, not even my cast net. I was bound and determined I was gonna get this artificial thing down. Well, after some instruction and some constructive criticism, I hooked into the first fish of the night. A NICE Speck!! Unfortuneatly She wasn't fast enough with the net and it broke me off... darn... Oh well.. I looked at it that if I could catch that one, I could catch another one.
Continued to try, cast after cast... she hooked into one... then I did... wow... couple of nice trout in the box for us. Well I'm excited now. I just caught specks using artificials!! Then she hooked into something and I didn't know it till her heard the drag screaming.. she yelled RED!! I got a big RED!! Get the net!!
Landed it and now I'm really excited because I have never caught a legal red before, but I knew now tonight I might have a chance. I started seeing color changes in the water like mud boiling up.. I asked her if that was redfish rooting? She said yes, so we kept trying.. she caught another one, I started to get frustrated and give up, but I guess that made me relax or something because then I GOT A RED ON!!! OMG I bet the look on my face was priceless! She said I looked scared to death! (I was.. I was afraid I would lose it) LOL Well, My first red was right at 20".... I caught another before we left... it measured 24"!! Both my reds had two spots on each side! I love reds!!
Altogether for the night... we kept 5 specks, and 4 reds! Not too bad for a couple of gals and one not having a clue what she was doing! LOL
This was only my second serious attempt at soft plastics, and I am about to head out again tonight... this time on my boat!! WOOHOO!!

Kay:cool:

Attachments

·
What's a Corky?
3,107 Posts
Well Done!!!

Great catch ladies!! That was a truly fun report to read. I remember when I first started catching fish on artificials and how exciting it was, though I hadn't thought about it in a while, Thanks! You'll find after a while you do better with artificials than bait, as odd as it seems.

Okay, now on a less serious note, and please don't take this wrong I say it truly in fun, but......... Guys, only women would take the time make that picture look that good, we would have thrown them in a pile and said "looky what I caught"

Again, great catch and great report!!!

·
Registered
6,848 Posts
Kay, That's Great...

Very glad for you. After a few of those, the confidence level goes through the roof!! LOL! Now you've become an expert. Isn't it funny how Mr. Redfish seems, at least for a moment, HAS CONTROL over the whole situation. Man they are strong! You're hooked for life, bebe. Good report CF?

·
When it rains, I let it.
2,861 Posts
What an awesome report! Well done! That was fun to read.

·
Banned
1,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'll sure tell ya Mr. Hooked Up,

I sure am proud to have friends such as you and your wife to take the time out to teach me and tell me what I've been doing wrong.
I have to give all the credit of the photo fish arrangment to HookedUpx2. I just took the picture. (although it was my idea to prop them up on the tire for a better visual) Laying flat on the ground just doesn't take a good photo, you gotta see the whole side of the fish for the full effect of the beauty and coloration of these fish.

Thanks for all the congrats guys, I'm still pretty jazzed about it myself! It is definately a rush! I can't wait to hook into some more. I love fishing, but this night was very special to me because not only did I hook into my first legal reds on arties, but I did it in the company of a very good and special friend, HookedUpx2!

Kay:cool:

·
Chillin'
4,570 Posts
Nice report, Kay ... I'm tickled pink for ya! You gals did good. :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts