2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
<------my fishing buddy
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today in E. Matty Bay we got into a big school of reds (about 20 of them give or take) and nothing Justinlw and I through at them worked. Live shrimp free lined and under popping cork. DOA's on a 1/4oz jig head. Numerous top waters. Gold spoon and anything else we could dump out of our tackle boxes. These reds would not leave either, every time we casted into them they just stirred around and that was it. The closest thing I got to a hit was a free lined big ***** shrimp right in front of 5 of them, they just stopped and stared as the shrimp backed up as fast as he could.

So my question is, what should we do when we get into these schools of reds or speks and they don't want to cooperate ??? It's been forever since I have seen a school of anything in a while and it was crazy how these reds just teased us for an hour.:headknock

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
I have seen it before, it is really frustrating. Wait for a tide change. and try to stay with them until it does. They will eat soon if they are schooled up.

chuck

·
<------my fishing buddy
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the help so far guy's. The next tide change was at 10:36PM. We were in the school of reds around 1:30PM or so. We caught some sheepshead and one undersized spek. I am sure there is some super duper top secret ninja fishing guide method of catching in these schools :)

·
Headhunter...Fishhunter.. .Deerhunter...
1,586 Posts
Thanks for the help so far guy's. The next tide change was at 10:36PM. We were in the school of reds around 1:30PM or so. We caught some sheepshead and one undersized spek. I am sure there is some super duper top secret ninja fishing guide method of catching in these schools :)
Very big castnet..

j/k

Reactions: Diamond Jen

·
<------my fishing buddy
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I will have to try the cut menhaden next time. Bayscout were you fishing E. Matty Sunday ???

·
<------my fishing buddy
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So no more super duper top secret ninja fishing tips for this situation ??? How about this, grass or mud in shallow water for reds ???

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.