2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
:headknock We're in a frustrating situation...our neighborhood of 75 customers has no power, but ALL the neighborhoods surrounding us do. Spoke to the Centerpoint guy, and he said we'll probably be a couple more weeks without power, as the area was hit hard AND they are not going to repair an outage of 75 when they could spend the same time and restore 500 houses...which I understand, but it's infuriating.

Right now I don't care as much, the boys and dogs are in Beaumont with their grandparents, and the missus will join me on a

So, here's the question...would Pearland schools start up again if all the power in the area is not restored? For you guys in East Texas who've seen this rodeo before, what did they do?

I hate the idea of the kids doing homework by candlelight and sweltering then having to be sharp for school..half tempted to pull them out until CNP finally gets around to hooking us up.

·
Registered
200 Posts
We started today here in Angleton and I have many students without power, but on the other hand I am missing 50% of my students. Some are glad to have AC and a hot meal.

·
Registered
7,028 Posts
John,

I can't speak for Pearland ISD, but if all the schools are "online" and "functional" most districts will reopen. I sympathize for your situation but school will need to get started ASAP.

When I was a kid, we were without power for three weeks after Carla, we did our homework under candle power and flashlights, I thought it was kind of cool! Kids will adapt.

The state may grant waivers for some of the days missed or may grant waivers for all the days missed, its anyone's guess.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts