2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
40,471 Posts
My family has been, and they had a blast (I went offshore LOL)
The price is lower if you go after 2:00pm (I think)

They are going to buy season passes, and that's fine with me as we are members of Moody Gardens (i don't care for water parks so I will spend my days at MG or go fishing)

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
We went a couple of weeks ago and couldn't find any discounts. If you do the two day pass you can save the second day and use it later--can even be a different person.

I'd say they've got about 2/3 of the park complete & open (my guess).

They allow coolers, that'll save you some lunch money.

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
Check their website, they have live cams of the park. I haven't found any discounts yet. WE're headed to the one in New Braunfels in 2 weeks. Caught a travel show the other day naming the top 10 water parks in the country and Schliterbaun in NB was number 1. I thought it was cool it beat out Disney's Blizzard Beach.
I'd be glad to find discounts too.

·
Texas Lady Angler
2,410 Posts
Took my son and his friend last week and had a really good time. It's not near as big as the one in NB but cost the same (don't understand that). The lazy river is one of the neatest ones I've been on. Actually has rapids and waves in it. I could stay in that all day long. The surfing ride is not as nice as the one in SPI or NB (smaller) -- kind of disappointed there. The inside waterpark is really a neat idea. We went on a Thursday and it was pretty crowded.

It is a little expensive so just plan on staying all day to get your moneys worth. You can get a summer season pass for $106 and it is good one year from the date you bought it (summer session only). If you plan on going much the season pass is the way to go. You can buy your ticket the first day and if you like it purchase the season pass at the end of the day with your ticket price going toward the season ticket price.

We will be going back at least once before marching band starts.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Try and go during the week unless you feel like standing in lines for an hr for each ride. And what Argo said, coolers are allowed for drinks and food. Dont forget the "cheap sunglasses", alotta ducks on the pond.:D Its a blast.

·
Registered
10,843 Posts
Badhabit said:
How bout a dolly to haul my cooler ????? :biggrin:
I've been with my georgous neighbor and my wife bought the tickets! LOL
We took her kids and my grand daughter. It was a gas.
D. when you go head straight to the back left side to a palapa. That's near the baby pool and ALL the mommy's.

It's a definite in:

A Grandfathers Guide To Checking Out Chicks
Galveston Edition

·
Healthy spine= tight lines
239 Posts
im not so quite sure about that i live in new braunfels and my season pass worked at the one on padre. ive noticed sometimes that there are discounts on soda cans or if you buy them at a HEB. Yeah its cool that it got number one on travel channel but it brings in alot of tourists that cause problems in the area but that comes with the buisniuss they bring.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Cougar,

I'm just goin' by what our neighbors told us, they bought 4 season passes at Galveston, went to NB the next week and were told they were park specific. He was pretty po'd cause he was out another $150.

You might call to make sure, I'm sure he's not tellin' me a story, but the park might've messed up.

Craig

·
"Wizards begin as blacksmiths"
6,256 Posts
Theme Park admission prices are just plain expensive. Seaworld, Six Flags all charge in the what, $30-$40 range? AND you have to buy their food and drinks? Schlitterbahn is priced about the same but as mentioned above, you can bring in your own food and drinks so the actual cost of the day can be considerably less.

I live 25 miles from the one in New Braunfels and have never been, but my wife and kids have and they love it.

I remember the days of tubing the Comal and Guadalupe when nobody else did. The "Tube Chute" in NB is what we used to call "Stinky Falls." Ahhh those were the days., but Ahhh, these are the days too... :)

·
Registered
97 Posts
My brother and I have season passes and go every sunday. If you get an all day pass a kid is 37.00 dollars and an adult is 45.00 dollars. It's really fun. If you plan on going I would suggest getting there at 10:00 AM so you there before it gets packed.

Faith

·
Aggie Mom
5,386 Posts
kenny said:
I've been with my georgous neighbor and my wife bought the tickets! LOL
We took her kids and my grand daughter. It was a gas.
D. when you go head straight to the back left side to a palapa. That's near the baby pool and ALL the mommy's.

It's a definite in:

A Grandfathers Guide To Checking Out Chicks
Galveston Edition
Too, too funny! Greenie for you.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts