2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to copy a picture using a HP 1510 3-in-1 printer to my computer using XP.

I can scan the pic OK but where does it go?

Sounds stoopid; which it probably is. I haven't used this thing for awhile and brain/nerve synapses get eroded. C2

·
Premium Member
40,476 Posts
It will save it to a folder, depending on the software it might be in "My Documents". One thing to try is use the Search feature if you know the name of your "saved Image you scanned"

Start>Search..from here just enter the file name and search local hard drives

might take a few minutes depending on the size of your hard drive but you will know where it saves all your images after :)

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did as you suggested and found a file in My Documents labeled; what else?, but 'My Scans'.

It contained pictures that I had made in my previous life with an old flatbed scanner, but none of the picture that I last scanned.

There were some in there with a date but no name, which these should have, but nada.

Thanks for the help and let me fool around with this thing a bit more.

BTW; very interesting and informative forum. Reading the threads clears many cobwebs.C2

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Scanning to XP

Bill;

This is exactly what I needed. Thanks a lot! Now I can scan and send pics!

I was getting all kind of communication errors but now can scan. I thought that I had looked at everything but guess not. I owe you big! C2

1 - 5 of 5 Posts