2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
@Drew_Smoke
4,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a note for those of you who haven't seen this...

A Special SCA Texas Westside Chapter Meeting Tues July 27th
The Westside Chapter of SCA Texas will hold it's quarterly General Membership Meeting on Tuesday July 27th at 7pm after a 6 o'clock social hour. We'll gather in our usual location, Sansone's (www.sansones.com) West Oaks Sports Bar and Grille. Sansone's is behind the Whataburger at 14144 Westheimer at Brairgreen. Briargreen is the first stop light East of Hwy 6. Another great dinner will be on us, so please come hungry. I'll post up the menu when I confirm what's on it.

We are grateful to have two great speakers scheduled that no fan of Gulf Coast Connections Magazine will want to miss. All the way from Port Mansfield we'll be joined by Capt. Mike McBride (McTrout!) and Capt. Tricia Buchen who will speak on Skinny Water Adventures focusing on shallow water wade fishing techniques.

Capt. McBride has dedicated his life to fishing the Texas Gulf Coast and shares his experiences through Gulf Coast Connections and TIDE Magazines. Among several other tournament wins, to his credit are both Pro and Amateur Troutmaster titles . If you haven't been fortunate enough to catch McTrout in action, please pencil us in for the 27th. He is always entertaining and informative.

Capt. Tricia has been fishing out of Port Mansfield for ten years and is one of the few "artificial only" female guides in the business. Her reputation is well earned, and back in mid-May, Captain Tricia led her party of four to the First Runner Up Award at the coveted 17th Annual J.P. Griffon Memorial Fishing Tournament. She is emerging as an accomplished writer for GCC and I'm looking forward to learning more about her.

The winners of the SCA Texas Spring Membership Drawing will be drawn this night as well. If you joined, renewed or extended your membership in 2004 between January 1st and March 31st you are entered! Prizes are: A Classroom on the Water with Captain Chris Martin of Bay Flats Lodge, a guided trip with Capt. Everette Johnson of Gulf Coast Connections, a $300 Bass Pro Gift Card and a Custom Billy Stix Rod.

Please let these donors know that you appreciate them supporting saltwater conservation. You can stop by and visit them at www.bayflatslodge.com, www.billystix.com and www.basspro.com . And do yourself a favor and subscribe to Gulf Coast Connections. You'll be showing your appreciation to Capt. Johnson and get the best saltwater publication in Texas delivered to your mailbox.

A sample listing of some of our raffle items for the evening are: a Kistler Rod, a Jensen Marine Cassette Stereo with speakers, a $50 gift card to Bass Pro along with other items.

This is going to be a great get together as you can see. I am looking forward to hearing from some of GCC's great writers for myself. If you should have any questions, I can be reached at [email protected] .....

Thanks!

Andrew Leeper

1 - 1 of 1 Posts