2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Administrator
23,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
John Havens will be doing a question and answer session of fishing Galveston Bay, followed by a raffle for a nice print, gift certificate and a SCA lure. Social hour starts at 6:30, the meeting begins at 7, and we should wrap up by 8 or so. Floyds on the Gulf Freeway will be hosting us. Floyds is on the southwest corner of Nasa Road 1 and the Gulf Freeway across from the big Fiesta Liquor store. It's just 10 minutes south of BW8 on the freeway. To get there coming from Houston, take the Nasa Road 1 exit, stay on the feeder and just after passing under Nasa 1, take a right into the parking lot. We will be meeting in the rear patio area. Non members are welcome to join, this event is kid friendly and there's plenty of great things to do afterwards down on the Kemah boardwalk. I hope to see everyone there.

www.scatexas.org

·
Administrator
23,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It should be a really fun meeting and we will be announcing the details on the bigger, badder, richer Fall Flounderfest 2005 there. First prize is going to be $2500 bucks.

·
Administrator
23,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
just a reminder, the meeting is on Tuesday. There will be a nice raffle, drawing and some goodies up for grabs. Plus, John is going to hand out GPS numbers -just kidding- I hope to see y'all there.

·
Administrator
23,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
a big thanks to John Havens for a great presentation and some new ideas on how to find and catch fish. Also, thanks to Floyd's, man that place rocks. For everyone that attended, thanks to you as well. Reg was the big door prize winner tonight after drawing her own card. Ez Ed about had a cow, lol.

Attachments

·
Tight Lines, CaptDoug
2,022 Posts
Man I hated to miss it but had to work tonight. So what I want to know is "What Bay system did he fish in" LoL!! Hope there was a bigger crowd than what it looks like was there. Hope to see ya'll at the next one!

·
Chillin'
4,570 Posts
John, Thanks for taking time to talk with us last night and share your insights. It was a pleasure meeting you. Hope to see you on the water some day.
Bob

·
Administrator
23,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sight Cast said:
Mont, is that one of Havens' rigs? If so, can you explain it? Thanks.
that's one of the colors John uses and if you look closely, it has a clip he says is second to none and makes changing lures very quick and easy. John gave out a wealth of information and was very straighforward in where to go and what to throw. For those that couldn't make it, you missed a lot of good information. Floyd's is also a great place, and I plan to put together a south side lunch there down there road. Great food, great service and easy on the wallet.

Congrats to Linda Gast, she won the membership drawing and a trip with Captain Black.

·
Genesis 9:2-3 & Deuteronomy 12:15-16
21,165 Posts
I knew Sow Trout would show up to that meeting. I tried to make it but babysitting was first. So ST, did you get the bay names out of him? LOL

·
Registered
5,007 Posts
Clips

Can you get those clips at Cut Rate? FishFinder had different tyupe of clip he uses that looked really effective. Knots is probably why I leave my lure on all day!

·
Registered
5,068 Posts
Yes, I did. All the bays between Baffin and Calcasieu. He wouldn't narrow it down any further. Let's go fish 'em all! I'm available.
InfamousJ said:
I knew Sow Trout would show up to that meeting. I tried to make it but babysitting was first. So ST, did you get the bay names out of him? LOL

·
Old Guys Rule (When we're up to it)
1,259 Posts
Troy, I got a bunch of those type clips from Capt Tony Casarez, cell 281-432-9001.
I first found them at Paul Brown's house/shop (made by Tony). I just called Tony after that and got him to make em up for me. They do work.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Belt Sanders said:
Troy, I got a bunch of those type clips from Capt Tony Casarez, cell 281-432-9001.
I first found them at Paul Brown's house/shop (made by Tony). I just called Tony after that and got him to make em up for me. They do work.
Belt Sanders is correct, the clips I use are made by Tony. I used to buy them at Paul Browns house, but they were not always available there. So I started ordering them directly from Tony. Of all the clips I have ever seen I feel these are the best. I have caught some monster reds on these clips and not once have I seen one fail or any other signs that they will not hold up to big fish.

·
"Bring me a menu and a bucket........"
2,347 Posts
Man you guys are too lazy to tie knots :) j/k It does not take me too long to tie up the trusty loop knot. However it does use up my shock leader pretty quick if I am changing lures all the time trying to figure out what they are going to eat. Now, tying the knot to join my 12lb test to the 20lb test is somewhat of a pain in the a*&.

John- it was good to finally speak with you in person Saturday at the tournament. I could have used one of those stringers given away last night during the tournament, I might have weighed in a couple of fish that day. Give me a shout if you wanna wet a line sometime. I have some free time for a while yet.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts