2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Make blood !!!
3,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Made a run back out to some nice seas with an excited crew. No blue water, but good enough. Pulled up to the first rig and bumped around it with nothing coming up. moved to the next one and started hammering the rockhinds on snapper slappers. We all hooked up with some big AJ's (we think) and kept getting broke off. We then moved out to the rocks and started catching some B-liners, Lane snapper,king fish and a few nice red snapper too. We had a group of dolphin come up under the boat and boated a few of them. After the dolphin were gone, Keif 's rod goes off with the free lined sardine and his reel freezes up, so he hand lined the fish with the billy club, talk about comical. Not to mention j jordan managed to foul hook 2 triggers on the same drop, talk about the luck.Must of been from getting that guys rig hook out and back to the owner. Here are a few pics of the trip.

Attachments

·
Most Non Funny
1,834 Posts
thats alot of Rockhind groupers, I have one in my tank right now, caught it at the jetties, its already too big, it needs to go, its about the size of the smallest B-Liner in your last pic

·
Make blood !!!
3,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
KEEP YOUR HANDS OFF MY DRUMMIES, WINGS ONLY, glad you could make the trip,Oh, you and david owe me a case of year old skunky beer for the shrimpers, that ya'll drank. CAN you say PAST the born on date by 11 months. That had to of been some nsty stuff.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Oh, bullshark! They didn't...They drank your chum reserve? Good thing you didn't have some cooking wine or cough syrup on board. Sounds like my kinda guys though...

·
it is what it is
713 Posts
i didnt forget ill get with you this week sometime i think ill replace it with miller lite that way if i run out again ill have some good stuff

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
Way to go Seasick and crew. (I see you all have kept the catching up - That total catch picture speaks volumes - All those Rockhinds) Looks like I missed a good one.

Next time we are gonna do that back-down, drop, jet-up a Diamond, hook-up and motor them out of the rig technique on them AJs. I bet we boat a few that way. I can't wait.

Where was Jason and Woody?

·
Registered
406 Posts
We had a blast, thanks again Hector! You wrong for posting the hand line picture. Them Rock Hinds sure tasted good last night! It was a beautiful day on the water on a Bad Arse boat, look forward to doing it again.

Signed Benard (inside joke)

kg

·
Make blood !!!
3,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Stay bent- Woody was on the toilet all day and jason is doing some upgrades on the new house he just bought. and as many times that i called keif by your name, you were on our boat half the day with us.

mredman- we ran out about 65 miles

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
Okay, now I get it Keif. Thanks for letting me inside of that one Hector. (I'm glad you missed me - So when are we going?)

·
HOOK 'EM
790 Posts
For the AJs I recommend an extension cord spool, wound with paracord attached to 300lb. mono and a large circle with a live blue runner. Feel the hook up, wind cord around cleat, and move away from structure in a hurry. Then get it on. With a pair of gloves. You may have to have someone hold your ankles, but it works!

·
Tight Lines, CaptDoug
2,022 Posts
Sweet! Looks like a great trip. I bet those Rock Hinds were good. Hey Keif, whats up with the frozen reel? LoL!! Hope it wasn't your Avet. Bernard, i'll be fishing Matagorda most of August, i'll give you a call when i'm gonna just do a fun trip. Right now bookings are filling up quick!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts