2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
POC chunker
9,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had to get outside for a bit this morning since the rain finally stopped for a little while. These were all shot in or around the TX state capitol building in Austin with a pocket camera (Nikon S10).

Rotunda Dome with a BW conversion (Green Channel)

Looking north from 10th and Congress Street (Yeah, I cloned out the ugly power lines running across the street)

Looking up at the rotunda dome from the center of the rotunda:

Life is short, enjoy the sunshine before you wither on the vine:

Photoshop Paint Daub and solarization filters of some ivy in a planter across the street from the capitol:

Looking North

More here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/smopho/sets/72157600943724098/

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
OOoooh I like all of these. It has been proven to be physically impossible to take a bad photo of our beautiful state capital building:) These are really great. The rotunda shots are exceptional, especially #3. I have been there many times but my wife never has so Austin and San Antonio are on our list of upcoming roadtrips. I can't wait to get back there and see what I can find. I would be very happy if I could get any images looking half as good as these do. Good job removing powerlines too:)

·
Registered
11,118 Posts
The second shot is very nice. The third is very good as well, but I must be slightly obsessive-compulsive as I want to see it centered.

Note to Rich: Just because I point out the shots I really like, does not mean the others are not good!:slimer:

·
A Wild Kiwi fern
3,772 Posts
Arlon said:
Way to go. I love seeing what folks can do with pocket cameras. I'm about ready to dump my D200 and get a second backup D50 and a better P&S to take it's place.
Arlon, how many photos have you taken with the D200?

pocketfisherman, i love your photos, that's a very beautiful building. sorry i don't comment on your photos very often. They take a long time for my slow near-dial-up-speed broadband connection to open.

rosesm

·
POC chunker
9,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thank you for reminding me. I tend to forget that there are a lot of people with dial up. In the future, I'll limit the number of shots in a post, and use smaller versions.

Koru said:
pocketfisherman, i love your photos, that's a very beautiful building. sorry i don't comment on your photos very often. They take a long time for my slow near-dial-up-speed broadband connection to open.

rosesm

·
www.mobilityplustx.com
1,950 Posts
I was going to ask why your pics were so much bigger than allowed here. 650 was the max I thought. Then I thought maybe they were being hosted on another site.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts