2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
I'm a millionaire in a .02 opinion world
2,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am tired of up and down the stairs and in and out the house a bazillion times. Who/how can help me with finding the correct angle of the dangle for my dish? It has graduations for elevation but none for azimuth. Keep going on trial and error or is there an easier way? The next available service date is the 17th. that's a long time. No Monday night football. Just the thought makes me want to curl up in the fetal position! HELP!

·
2006 NewWater IBIS w/ F150 TRP
282 Posts
Instead of buying tools you can do it the ******* way.....just find it by utilizing two phones.

What I mean by this is take one phone and lay it near your receiver so you can hear the beeping noise (faster it beeps the better). Take the other phone (put it in speaker mode) up on the roof with you so you can hear the beeping. Slowly move satellite around in the southern sky area and you will pick eventually pick up the beeps.....once you do, just fine tune it and your done.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Dish Alignment

If you have Dish network just aim your dish directly south, set your elevation at 51, (calls for 49 but 51 works much better)your azimuth should be at 119 and start moving it slowly southwest

1 - 4 of 4 Posts