2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Headed out of POC on Jake's boat the Fish on II and hit a couple of weed lines on the way to BV kept a dozen or so dodos, one ling, and had two wahoo come up but didn't get em. We were the first to show at BV but right at dark everybody that had gas cans was there. The bite started at dark as expected and the jig was on fire for a couple hours then they went off on chunks but the top water bite was slow. All the kids got big yft's and the quality of fish on the average was good. Great trip that resulted with Two happy but tired dad's and three Son's and a holota dead fish.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not sure Bret proly around 30 or so kept. the small bft's went to chunks and by the time we got back I was to dumb to count.

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
You probably saw us there too in our parker. We did catch 1 yellow fin. We chunked all night long with chum all around. we also threw tuna hunters and didn't get 1 yellow fin. We also had Florocarbon leader on everything. What boat were you in?

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
We were in the white and black 32 cc contender. you know the chunck bite was funny they realy didn't respond to chummong so we just soaked them and we would catch one or two at a time and the topwater bite sucked, only 1 fish landed on the tuna hunter. I did see ya out there made me feel like I was back on the west coast seeing that parker.

·
Registered
960 Posts
We were out there with yall too we had our fill of blackfin but didn't manage a yellowfin we did have a couple of hits on chunks one the rookie on board had the drag barked down and when he went to sound it went pop, and the other spit the bait before I could apply any drag. We also missed a couple on the morning troll had one probably fifty pounds skyrocket on a mylure just behind the prop wash pretty awesome site but I wish he had the bait in his mouth. We also managed a 25lb wahoo inshore of sunrise on a mylure. This was my 1st trip to the floaters so hopefully it can only get better.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just curious, What lb. test was everybody using out there. All our fish came on 25 and 40 only had a hard time on the last fish. (about 2 hours) I only use Izorline.

·
Registered
132 Posts
saw you there

Hey Wacker, the fish look great, but I thought the Fisch on II was a Triton? We were in the white/black Contender, hell I was so tired you may have been in our boat.
Caught all the blacks we wanted on jigs, but could'nt get a YFT in the boat, missed a couple drifting some blue runners, and chunking.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Aww it's a centry. Sorry, I lost my brain sometime saterday night. These trips are tuff but I can't say NO!

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
Reel easy-
We used flying fish all night long and caught black fin on them all night long. We also used size 5 circle hooks.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts