2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Make blood !!!
3,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
tried something different and went out of Freeport this time. I think it's safe to say that EVERYONE must get there ice from Buckee's. Drove by and that place was packed. Went out about 55 and hit a few spots. managed a couple chickens on the way there. Started off slow but picked up as the day went on. Bernard (Stay Bent) picked up a nice Scamp and it picked up from there. Nice day on the water and every spot was covered with boats. We still managed quite a mixed bag of chickens, scamp, rockhind, b-liners, lane, mangrove, red snapper, king fish, and a throw back aj, and bonita. Bernard took some pics while fishing, this is all I have. Bernard, can u post up what u got, thanks

Gus's 33 palmetto on the way out

Days catch

Attachments

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
nice catch guys as well. Although we tagged along u for awhile as well, we only managed a few fish, & got chased home by that stormy weather. We did manage to catch that floater bottle w/200' of mono, on that spot we fished next to you. Nice pics!

·
Make blood !!!
3,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks guys

mredman- we have caught those rockhinds off of rocks and close up to rigs.snapper slappers and cut bait work well

mahiseeker- nice meeting up with you. that weather did look bad, but it made for good shade.

·
Concrete Contractor
12,405 Posts
Great report, thanks for the post. I figured it would be packed this weekend being nice and calm seas. Gonna hit it again in the week.

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
Sorry for the delay Hector. (This is the Lord's day)

I guess we didn't take too many pics this trip. (Too busy) At least I have one of the double drop rig - double catch pics. (We made some 4-6 drop rigs but didn't put hooks on every drop - We should have)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
Dayum Hector you sure know how to put the hurt on those Rockhinds. I had a feeling you were out there.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts