2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a chance to Lease 200 acres in San Saba and me or the land owner know what the going rate is? It has no power,and does have a 12x24 building that could be made into a little bunk house. Can someone tell me the going price for a lease like this?

·
Mike
1,054 Posts
I'd offer him $1000 plus improvements to the cabin and offer to pay or split the cost to run electricity to the cabin. Both of you will come out ahead with a deal like that.

·
Banned
8,277 Posts
I'd offer him $1000 plus improvements to the cabin and offer to pay or split the cost to run electricity to the cabin. Both of you will come out ahead with a deal like that.
Then what are you going to do next year when he leases it for $10,000. ? rs

·
Mike
1,054 Posts
$10,000 for 200 acres??? Really? I don't think so. Even if he did, the $2500 you offered up ain't near enough either.

·
Capt of the spyglass Potlicker club!
12,607 Posts
200 acres for a G is bs if you ask me unless you see some good deer signs...

Reactions: FREON

·
Banned
8,277 Posts
$10,000 for 200 acres??? Really? I don't think so. Even if he did, the $2500 you offered up ain't near enough either.
After you build him a cabin and run electricity to it, what do you think that $1000 a year is gonna get you? I can tell you what it will get you, "Thank you, we have decided against leasing the property", 9 out of 10 landowners will never go into a contract with hunters that will improve the property--that is just how it is now. rs

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
We hunt on a place in San Saba that's a bigger parcel but not tons, we have water, electricity, sewer. No cabin we have trailers and we pay 15/acre so based off of that someone said 12ish or so that' what I would offer with no electricity. There is a good chance it has deer, there is deer everywhwere up there.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts