1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
5 keeper specks 16-19" - Yo-Zuri 3D Minnow 70

15 or so - dinks

1st Bite: 9:30 PM (after low tied) to 12:30 AM - 1 to 1 1/2 foot visibility

12:30 AM the water got very dirty on incoming tied.

2nd Bite: 5 AM - 6 AM - Top of high tied

Dead bait for daughters, $4 a pound :eek:- Don't know, but bait house uses preservatives on dead shrimp and wonder if the fish can smell whatever this preservative is. Maybe Better to go to local grocery store with a good seafood counter for bait, cheaper at least. Live $7.50 pint $14 quart.

Saw a 26" speck and several 22 " speck caught from the 1st bite. 2nd bite more quantity then quality. Walk the pier to find out where the specks are holding. At first they were at the 2-3 light from shore then moved to the last two lights after 2 AM. Some speck being caught on live shrimp but on 2nd aggressive bite my $9 Yo-Zuri was kicking *** compared to everyone else with shrimp or plastics. You could see plenty of tout under the lights all night long, once you find the right light, but they refused to bite between 1AM-5AM. Pier has port-o-potties only now so plan accordingly if you take any girls along, mine would not touch them.

Same pattern should hold true for Friday night.

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Good thorough report! I started to go to the pier last night but was tired. That Yozuri is a killer bait in the lights. I especially like to see the trout nail the plug when its suspended. That is by far the most exciting way ,for me that is, to catch specks!!

·
Registered
111 Posts
wow now that is a fishing report!! I am taking notes so in the future I will be able to provide a better report. One thing tho, you caught fish and I didnt! haha, thanks for the information

1 - 3 of 3 Posts