2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Tom
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got down to the pass about 1:30 in the morning and there was not much going on, but that soon changed. Set out the big rods but there was too much seaweed so we brought them back in. Skipjack were tearing up bait in our lights so we had a blast catching them for bait. Fiesty lil suckers. They hit everything.
Just out of our lights there was something tearing up the water knocking mullet 8 feet in the air. Threw the big rods out and threw a live finger mullet on my trout rod. All of the sudden something huge hits my line, so I'm sitting there trying to turn this monster on 14 lb test. It didn't happen, busted me off. On my way back in my big rod starts screamin, a 48 inch red. I was awake now. We went on to land a few more reds, a 4 foot blacktip, and lost a 7 foot bull along with getting our 400lb leaders bitten numerous times. Awesome trip. My first time shark fishig and to say the least, I'm hooked.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.