2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't visited 2 cool since the storm hit until today. My family and I took a good hit, fortunately we are safe and sound. Unfortunately, I can't say the same for the house. We took on 3' of water in the house and 2' in the garage. All said I feel fortunate. We have set up a Travel trailer in the drive way, got power back yesterday, gutted the house from 4' down, and are ready to start rebuilding. We are strongly considering jacking the house up in the air.

I am trying to make things as normal as possible for my kids and they really love there swimming pool. As you can imagine the pool looks like Trinity bay after a good blow. Has anyone ever dealt with bringing a pool back after it has been filled with galveston Bay silt. I'm not even sure how to start?

We are blessed in the fact that we have more than we need to live. That is not the case for most in San Leon. If any of you are down there as well get in touch with me I will help anyone that needs it.

·
sea monkey rancher
18,403 Posts
get a 2" gasoline pacer pump and drain the pool down , as it gets low stir it up and try to run that stuff thru the hose, way faster than shoveling, they used to sell them at TSC or you might rent one.

·
Shoalwater owner/ concrete guy
5,153 Posts
I've got a friend that lives on 19th and he lost everything.

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Use a big trash pump. Hose the mud to keep in in a slurry.

A friend who lives in San Leon lost his house down to the pilings. You folks are in our prayers.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Being in the pool business for 30 years, be careful draining the pool completely. If there is more water under the pool than is in it, it will float out of the ground. Just cleaned one up last week that had all their landscaping mulch and dirt in the pool. Good luck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts