2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
1,188 Posts
Just the bottom (where the banquets are held) is still closed. The upstairs part is open. My cousin is the Asst. Manager there and he was telling me that mid October everything should be back to normal. I hope so because our Fire Crew banquet is on the 17th.

Nice shots btw Stargazer.

·
Registered
4,255 Posts
How long has it been open. I'm thinking of the old inn that was right across from the battle ship. I used to eat in there years ago (10-15years), went back looking for it 3-4years ago and there was nothing left but the parking lot. Did the rebuild someplace else? This must be some relatively new structure, not on mapquest or google earth air photos.

·
5,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Arlon, Its down the road by the ferry landing. Been there for sometime now. Its where the old Lynchburg Crossing was. The one by the battleship burned down years ago. Talking to one one the managers , they had about 4 1/2 feet of water down stairs but the upstairs was in good shape. Great place to sit and watch the ships while dinning.

·
1,188 Posts
Arlon

I think you are thinking about the old San Jacinto Inn. I think that is the name. On the same side of the road as the Battleship. Monument Inn used to be loacated before the park years ago before it burned down. It moved to the Old Lynchburg Crossing restaurant that had been out of business. I used to wait tables and bartend there when I was younger.

·
Registered
4,255 Posts
Darn, I went down to where the old bldg was, saw nothing but the parking lot and turned back and went home. That's a 30 mile trip for me and I guess I just needed to go a little further. I'll will definately go back. Glad I saw this post! I see it on the air photo now, just wasn't looking far enough down the road.

When you follow the map from monument inn's web site it takes you to the old location where the empty parking lot is. That threw me off.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts