2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to buy a little land along the river. Which section do you think is better......Below 521, below 2004, CR469 or below ? Elevation range from 8 feet to 3 feet at CR469. How often and how deep does it flood on CR469 ? And what duration ? What do you'll pay for insurance ? How's the well water taste ? Lots of question. Thankyou for any reply.

I'm looking for a weekend place and maybe retirement thing.

·
Registered
4,588 Posts
It depends on what you want it for. The closer you get to the ICW the easier it is to get to fishing spots other than the river, like the MOB, Sargent..ETC... The scenery is nicer up river more trees. From 469 and down, are more hardcore fisherman IMO.
We have had a place on 469 for 30 years and we have never flooded. The pier goes under prolly a couple of times a year, but the water never comes up too high due to the lower bank across the river.

Our well water is not good, but some that live there full time say their water is fine. I'm sure they have filteration systems.

Where are you looking??

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Buy it where you can find it!!!!!!!!! LOL
Personally, I like below Churchill Bridge/Fm 2611 (2004).
Reasons- Closer to the fishing and beach.
Smoother water, because the river is not bulkheaded on both sides.

I do not know of CR 469 flooding. However, during Franics and another storm the Gulf was up to 469. 469 was flooded at 2918 and 2918 was flooded up past the Church. But once you got to the curve it was dry.

We could drive up and down 469 but not on 2918, 2918 was 3-4 ft deep in places, The water stayed up for 2-3 days on both occassions.

My place now has excellent water and the place I had across the street had good water. The one across the street had sugar sand, but the water tasted good. Getting good tasting water is hit and miss down here. My parents have had 3 wells dug, and none of them taste worth a hoot.

PS. The small house next to the MCT just went on the market, it is on an approx. 50 x 150 lot.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts