2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There will be a 4th of July Boat parade on Saturday July 1st. The parade will start at 5 PM at Churchill Bridge and head South to the Point, to watch the REVFD Fireworks display.

The Parade will stop at 2J's Cafe and Marina, for Hotdogs and awards, before heading to the Point.

Once at the point we will raft up and enjoy the Fireworks.

If you are interested in participating in the Boat parade, post up so we can get a head count. We wanna make sure we have enough Dogs.

·
Banned
89 Posts
My famly and I have a 2003 28' Mako CC with 2X200HP Yamahas HPDI, with ttop. My kids are 10 and 9, we have a beach house in Surfside, if we aren't offshore sounds kind of fun, especialy considering my kids love to tube the river on off days and Momma and I also love it and have considered buyinga riverf house also.

How do we get involved? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, MrsChasintail is correct. Any boats that are going to be in the Parade should be at Churchill/Sportsman Bridge at 4:30

Proteus we hope ya'll can make it.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Thanks for the heads up Reel Bender! I'll have to see what the work schedule is later in the week. My bunch and the Get-R-Dun bunch was just talking about taking a boat ride down to the Point and watching the fireworks. I bet the kiddos would like to do the parade.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Tiderunner, if it does'nt fit your work schedule........................call in sick!!!!!!!! LOL

Hope ya'll can make it!

·
Registered
4,588 Posts
1st ANNUAL
San Bernard River
4th of July Boat Parade
Saturday, July 1, 2006

The Parade will begin at 5PM at the Churchill Bridge and end at 2-J's

Decorate your boat!!! The Judges will be looking at 5 categories:

Best Theme
Best Patriotism
Best Sound
Best Spirit
Best Overall

Awards will be presented at 2J's following the Parade AND
Hot Dogs and all the trimmings will be provided for Parade Participants
After the Parade at 7PM

Be sure to pack your coolers with your favorite beverages!!!

The 2nd phase of the Parade will continue down to River's End for the
Fireworks!!!

Contact Information:
Jana Plocheck 964-4075
Vanessa Taylor 964-4402
www.sanbernardriver.com

·
Registered
4,588 Posts
July 3, 2006

Friends of the River San Bernard First Annual 4th of July BOAT PARADE Sparkles the River Despite Rain

Patriotic spirit is alive and well on the lower San Bernard River, as shown by the turnout of boats and boaters, July 1. Although the weather dampened the fireworks display at River’s End the first annual 4th of July Boat Parade, sponsored by Friends of the River San Bernard, displayed the kind of spirit America and the river dwellers can muster by making this boat parade the largest one on the San Bernard river in recent history.

A total of 30 boats entered the parade in overcast weather at about 5:00 p.m., July1 at the FM 2611 bridge. People living between the bridge at the start of the parade, to 2 J’s Restaurant lined the banks and docks along the river, waving flags and enjoying the patriotic sounds and displays of the boaters.

At 2 J’s Restaurant the boaters stopped and enjoyed the Awards banquet with hot dogs with all the trimmings! There, the parade goers were told that due to the rain, the fireworks that evening at the Point at River’s End had been postponed and the parade then ended at the restaurant. Special thanks go out to Mark Manley and friends for food and grounds preparation, to 2J’s restaurant for the use of their grounds and docks, to Tom and Peggy Davidson for their hospitality in offering their place for the after party, and to the judges and sponsors of the event for their help in making it a huge success.

Boaters plan to come together once again on Monday, July 3rd (weather permitting) to attend the rescheduled fireworks display by the River’s End Volunteer Fire Dept.

Awards were given to the following boats:

For BEST THEME, Rick Gardner and Jana Plocheck with their Cheeseburger in Paradise;

For BEST SPIRIT, Darrell and Gloria Powell:

For BEST SOUND, Susan and Wayne Stikeleather:

For BEST INDIVIDUAL BOAT, Vanessa and Nelson Taylor:

And last, but not least, for BEST OVERALL BOAT, Dennis and Tina Todd:

Although only 5 boats received prizes, all the participants and the people who live on, use, or just love the San Bernard River were winners. In spite of the weather, the community sparkled on the water. This year’s parade was awe inspiring and very well received - but just wait until next year! Plans are already underway according to parade organizers, Jana Plocheck and Vanessa Taylor, to make next year’s event even bigger and better.

Friends of the River San Bernard would like to thank all the people along the river who participated in the parade in any way. Your neighbors, your river and your country are proud of your involvement and the river’s linear community is better for it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts