2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hola. My husband and I have owned a boat for little bit over a year and fish in POC almost every weekend, during the spring, summer, and bit into the fall (we have to balance our fishing with our hunting then). I was wondering if there is any couples that live in SA who also fish on the coast. If so, I think it would be kinda neat if we could go fishing together. Just a thought.

·
Football MNC: '63, '69, '70, 2005
2,829 Posts
My wife and I live in SA and fish POC.. we'll I do anyways. Inlaws have a house on the ICW so we're there alot. I mostly fish offshore in the summer though. We're having a baby in October so she's not fishing these days.. We're always looking to meet new people though..

·
"Wizards begin as blacksmiths"
6,256 Posts
We're ususally headed to Rockport when we go Coastal, but have a place that we can stay in POC if we ever decide to go that direction.

·
Eric Garcia, Premier-Yamaha San Antonio
1,141 Posts
ditto, I have a place in Point Comfort, around the corner from port lavaca........oohhhh about 30 miles from Froggies. Love to fish POC offshore, inshore we are on cox and keller bay waterfront, so I rarely venture from there. Matter of fact I'll be down there trying to put my little boy on kings the 18th of this month.

·
Registered
161 Posts
bevo/fishing/hunting said:
My wife and I live in SA and fish POC.. we'll I do anyways. Inlaws have a house on the ICW so we're there alot. I mostly fish offshore in the summer though. We're having a baby in October so she's not fishing these days.. We're always looking to meet new people though..
And soon you won't be either my friend!:fish: :doowapsta

I live in 78250 as well where are you at?

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My husband and I have been looking at places at POC for a while, man I wish we had the money to buy a house/condo down there. I have watched those prices go up and up over the years. I can not imagine what they are going to cost when we can actually afford to buy once. Yikes.

Congrats bevo/fishing/hunting on your new addition to your family.

We live in 78249.

·
Just call me JJ
7,579 Posts
SA here too (NW side), but my wife works nights/weekends now so she doesn't fish with me much anymore. I usually end up hitting the beach at PINS while the bay boat sits idle in the back yard collecting spider webs.

·
Ankle Deep Custom Rods
3,468 Posts
New Braunfels here, we have a place in Port Aransas that we own and usually fish out of there. Will be down there on the 17th of this month

·
Registered
310 Posts
Robin and I go to POC as often as possible our friends also fish there and have a lot with a travle trailer on it.
DavidC

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Helotes area myself, and we also hang out in Port Aransas. Have hooked up w/ several 2 coolers down there!

·
POC chunker
9,209 Posts
I used to think the same thing. Then I realized I had enough to buy a couple of lots there, and put a travel trailer on it hooked up to city water and sewer. At some point I hope to build a house, but this is a good cheaper alternative until then.

Aggiechick said:
My husband and I have been looking at places at POC for a while, man I wish we had the money to buy a house/condo down there. I have watched those prices go up and up over the years. I can not imagine what they are going to cost when we can actually afford to buy once. Yikes.

Congrats bevo/fishing/hunting on your new addition to your family.

We live in 78249.

·
Always causing trouble
1,954 Posts
My wife and I live in NW San Antonio (78250) and visit the coast often. I've fished the Rockport area for about 20 years, and would enjoy meeting neighbors who like to get away to the coast for fishing and relaxation. Perhaps some of you would like to get together here in SA to see what we could organize.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I think that is a good idea Pete. I guess we will have to get together on a weekday since we are all out fishing on the weekend.

·
Time to make the Donuts...
3,315 Posts
Aggiechick said:
I think that is a good idea Pete. I guess we will have to get together on a weekday since we are all out fishing on the weekend.
We could do a lunch thing or even a dinner so that more people could be available. I live in 78245 but work in 78230...

·
"Wizards begin as blacksmiths"
6,256 Posts
I live in 78213 - Castle Hills/ North Star Mall area, but work all over town. Would love to meet some fellow S.A. 2coolers for lunch.

·
Time to make the Donuts...
3,315 Posts
Soapeddler said:
I live in 78213 - Castle Hills/ North Star Mall area, but work all over town. Would love to meet some fellow S.A. 2coolers for lunch.
A lunch deal sounds good to get the ball rollin'. I work right up the street from you SP. I'm on Wurzbach and Vance Jackson.

Let's try to put something together for next week. I'm pretty flexible on time and location. Someone pick a place and let's make it happen.

·
Always causing trouble
1,954 Posts
Glad to see all the interest in a get-together! I work near Babcock and Wurzbach, and I have only brief lunch times, so that might not work for me.

But don't let that stop you ... if you decide on a lunch, then go ahead and plan a dinner or something else as a follow-up and I will be sure to make that. That would be good for spouses as well. Then we will plan a trip to the coast!

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
WE are in N. central S.A, have a place in Rockport & cant get anyone to go fishin with me. I need to meet some of Ya'll

1 - 20 of 46 Posts