2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
I am haunted by still waters.
1,665 Posts
Top waters early and late around the hydrilla in 7-10 ft of water.

Frogs and super flukes - natural colors (Be ready for strikes and not many hookups if it is the same as a few weeks ago.)

Flippin the grass with Gene Larew 6" Hawg craws in melon/chart claw and smoke withg green/orange flake. At least a 1/2 oz weight and fish the scattered hydrilla along the edges of the 7-10' of water.

Hopefully it has turned on a little more.

Check the radar right now - Rayburn is getting hammered. It was 1.5 feet low 2 weeks ago.

Good luck,

GCB

·
Registered
3,360 Posts
I was there week before last. We did well on crappie fishing brushpiles. Hardly any small ones at all, most were over 12". We boxed 35+ each morning in 4 hours.

I fished for bass some in the evenings and did pretty good on watermellon colored trick worms on a splitshot rig fished really slow over deeper hydrilla. Then the last 30min-1hr of daylight I caught bass to 4#s on Pop'Rs closer to the shoreline where deep water was real close to shore, like in the creeks where they open into the lake fishing where the creek channel was close to the bank.

I can't say it was fast and furious and I can't say how it compares to normal even. I am not much of a bass fisherman but that is what worked for me and I got plenty of pulls.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts