2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:fish: hi guys and gulls
just wanted to let you and dave know that i have selected the rod blank that he will recieve.
7ft 8 with a smooth butt ,fugi hvy graphite seat #11 tip, i have the butt and seat assembled, i will start the thread work possible tomorrow.
the rod that i selected will be custom for dave as it will be built for a person who can and needs to be able to fish more versitle than some one who owns a boat and can go off shore at their lesiure :idea: now he can fish the jettys as well as do a little surf casting, when he gets a chance to go off shore, he will be able to go for kings, dorado,cobia and could even sneak in a little snapper bite if he gets the chance.
i feel if he goes with say a calcutta type reel say something in the 700 size he will fare well.
i did not want to build a rod so big and hvy that he would be limited to a boat type fishing trip.
this is one of the nice things about a custom rod kinda all around type, i am sure he will find it very versitile and funictional.:rolleyes: i will install titatium guides as well, so just look to hear from ole blue water soon.
thanks to all for being part of my free rod offer, and thank you mont for allowing it:cheers:
later guys gotta get ready to go out of town to a fishing cl;ub to give a rod demo and talk custom rods, orta be fun it is most times.
stix

·
Registered
8,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sweet stix

hi gunner
your rod is almost completed i just have 1 coat of finish to apply. and i should be able to mail on fri, you should get it mon if i get it mailed on fri.
stix:brew:

·
Registered
5,599 Posts
Billy you are just simply AWSOME dude, I so appreciate the thought and time you have put into a Billystix for me. Im still acting giddy as all get-out and can not wait to see it in my grubby little hands. The fact that you though out different ways I fish and addpted the rod to moreof an all round Stix is coll as hE//!!!!!! I dont know how to express my grattitude towards you, I gusss Ill have to wait untill you figure out when your gonna be in Texas and hope I have the funds avalible to get there and buy you some brews. Ill give you a call in a little bit and talk about the rod and shoot the bull like always. Once again for anybody out there looking for a custom rod now you see why you can beat a BILLYSTIX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..........................later,Dave

·
Registered
8,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ho"s stix

hi dave
i hope to be able to be in texas for the sca banquet?
but i have run up on a slight problem, i had planned to stay with walkin jack but he is not for sure at this point and time if he will be able to attend.
so it looks like immmm gonna haftta look for a guest host for that week end but still looking forward to meeting you.
as far as your rod it was not a big deal to do what i did its just the way billystix builds i try to cover my bases.
well gotta run got to get on the road.
later
stix

·
Banned
1,140 Posts
hey stix, if'n I can go Ill be in West U (houston)....if you want you are more than welcome to stay with us........later, JJ

·
Banned
1,140 Posts
...............but only if molly comes! LOL.........JJ

·
Administrator
23,854 Posts
Billy, the Tioga is yours for the weekend, if you want it. It's got A/C, heat, a fridge, color TV, hot shower, queen sized bed, the whole deal. I can order in dancin' girls too, but will have to bill ya for those seperately, lmao. If you fly into Hobby on Southwest (close your eyes, Hardhead), I can pick you up at Hobby. If you book now, it's about $80 each way. Lemme know if you want to stay here. The Tioga is parked in the driveway, all hooked up.

·
Registered
8,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
now we got a plan

hi mont
thanks man, i will try to get tickets as well as clear it with my boss and get back with you, once again thanks so very much.
stix

·
Old Fart (junior grade)
450 Posts
Don't forget Molly

Billy if you can talk Molly into coming along, I'm sure that the collection plate will quickly be overflowing with funds for her ticket!

·
Administrator
23,854 Posts
Billy, I have Doc Davis on call for the entire weekend. He works wonders with bad backs. If that don't work, I will put a call into Dallas, and request the Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders. Either way, it's faded.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts