2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. First post for me on this board. Ive fished freshwater for sometime and im going to be fiching saltwater more.Im wanting some opinions on a good reel for around 200 bucks.Id like a reel I could use inshore but that i could use offshore also. I know thats a hard request from a reel but the ones Im leanning towards are the shimano calcutta b 200gtb or the cacutta b 700. Any help would be appreciated. cool running................

·
yakfisher
805 Posts
RC i have the 200 and it works great on inshore and some smaller offshore fish as well. i have not had to fight anything over 15 lbs. on it though, so that is all i can offer to ya...

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks jhj.. anyone have any experience with the 700 series or another comparable reel for around 200$?

·
2006 Skeeter Cookoff "2nd Place Brisket"
6,428 Posts
rs67c said:
thanks jhj.. anyone have any experience with the 700 series or another comparable reel for around 200$?
The 700 is a great reel, altho a little large for inshore or artificials, but a good live bait reel....

Welcome to 2coolfishing, the BEST website in the world..... pull up a chair and make yourself at home, we are all family here.....

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
thanks for everyones replies. I just checked back and i see i fat fingered the reel numbers the two i am looking at is the 200 and 400 series. he 200gtb and the 400 b. I think the 200 runs about 189 and the 400 around 218 from what ive seen on the internet. sorry for the mix up any views on these two reels?

·
Registered
30,254 Posts
the coastal is garbage junky cast control dont work waded back to the truck many times reel not functioning properly even after being sent back to daiwa.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts