2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
The fishing Jesus
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a family member with ponds that filled with saltwater and saltwater fish during Ike. The water was
over the ponds and eventually displaced some or all of the freshwater. They are pretty deep, about 25feet
and half acre in size.

Before the ponds were freshwater and contained Redfish some of which I caught but not regularly.

Q-anybody have direct knowledge on what method worked for them on a pond similiar to this?

Q-private property so can keep all fish even under size?

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
I have fished ponds like that, Because of the limited food supply in the one I fished the Reds hit just about anything. The ones I caught were on some mud minnows I got with a cast net in the same pond. (match the hatch). As to your second question, about private property, NO, the same game laws still apply. I think the only exception Might be a private stocked lake, that you can prove the redfish did not come from a natural source. I.E. a pond not near the coast, and a receipt saying you
stocked 500 redfish fry. Even with all that a GW might ticket you.

·
The fishing Jesus
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I agree on that one...they are public fish on private land.

The ponds will be drained so I will try to eliminate the larger fish.

(when drained)There will be fish and crabs in the bottom, but there is no way to get the remaining fish out of there at 25ft and deep mucky muck.

Critters gonna have a party...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts