2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I checked it out via google and it said they are pretty hardy, I have 5 real nice ones and do not want to lose them, I was told I might lose just the tips with this upcoming freeze and just to trim them off, shoudl I cover them ??? any advice out there from ayone. 5 are in the ground that is, I have no way to move them in, had them for a long time and they are getting big.....

·
Winter Hater
9,448 Posts
nothing to add that hasn't been said. but as a side note, i've wondered why sagos cost as much as they do when mature plants put out so many "pups" that can be cut off and transplanted.

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
nothing to add that hasn't been said. but as a side note, i've wondered why sagos cost as much as they do when mature plants put out so many "pups" that can be cut off and transplanted.
I think it is the lenght of time it takes them to become mature, they are not the most speediest of growers

·
Urban Chicken Farmer & Shark
2,323 Posts
hell I left a potted Sago outside last winter here in MO .. it looked dead, all the leaves fell off... but it sprouted new ones in the spring and seems to be doing well now

·
Registered
7,213 Posts
lets see, ike took 8 of my palm trees, my 25ft ficus tree, 15 pulmerias! one of my sagos just starting growing back in nov. the plants i have left, what the heck can a little cold weather do to them? lol

·
Roll Tide!
15,791 Posts
You can't kill the darn things. I know because I've tried. They should be fine, but covering them won't hurt.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts