2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Matt Thanks for taking me to Kickapoo for some great Sac-a-lait (crappie) fishing today. We only caught 25 but they were all big. I haven't sacalait Fished in years. All caught on Shinners at 6-10ft deep.

One funny thing - We pulled up to a spot and started really catching them the first thing this morning. Matt had his $150 dollar bait caster resting on the ice chest with the line over the side. A big Sacalait grabbed the pole and stated pulling it in the water. Matt with cat like reflexes lunges sideways and grabs the pole just before it leaves the boat. It doesn't get any better than that.

This is my second time fishing with Matt and we caught fish. He also out fished me as usual.

Great posts guys! I really enjoyed reading about everyones trips this year. Have a great Holiday.

Karl

·
Registered Users-PM plus
8,899 Posts
Nice going guys. Good to see you out there today. You guys were the only boat out of Broken Arrow when I launched around mid-day. Kind of surprising.

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
I did enjoy the fishin trip today but if you had a curado on a castaway rod goin over the side you would be jumpin also. lol !!! Maybe next time we will do better but it was good to be out fishin.

Matt

·
Registered
14,429 Posts
I would call it a good day gofish2day! Glad you got to get some of those crappie, you had a good guide along, ole Matt can catch whatever be biting!
Twice this summer I had someone in my boat get a curado and $150.00 rod jerked out of their hand by a big striper and go 86, had to stop one of them from diving overboard in 25' of water!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts