2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Husband First, Fisherman Second...
1,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I took a new friend of mine saltwater fishing for his first time. He just moved to Southeast Texas from Tennessee. We fished some backwater off of Sabine Lake, found the tide low and the reds tailing. I fished a little, but mostly put the boat in position for Jeremy to cast. After missing opportunity after opportunity he finally made an awsome cast on two reds. Hooked up on a 6-7 lb Red that ended up pulling off in the grass. After the red made his first drag winding run, he said, "These fish don't bite like Catfish", I just had to laugh. Looks like I found another fishing partner. Had a blast, can't wait to get back there.

·
The Duck of Death
2,246 Posts
Good deal Brain. Went yesterday p.m. over in trinty . Only found 1 flock of birds.
Dinks and Skipjacks.

·
Husband First, Fisherman Second...
1,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yesterdays Pics

Sorry the pictures are poor quality. I need to invest in a digital camera. The first picture is Jeremy setting the hook. The second is a picture of him casting on a red. If you look close you can see his back out of the water by the island. Enjoy...and have a good weekend!!

Attachments

·
Registered
467 Posts
Looks like fun. I've been looking to get a waterproof digital camera but they are really too expensive. I did find an underwater film camera with a flash for pretty cheap. The flash is important when you are trying to take pictures at or after dusk. I may get one of those until prices on the digital come down or my income goes up (hoping for the later)!

·
Galbayfisher
624 Posts
go digital

check out the Nikon 3200 on Ebay. It takes great pictures and even 40s of video with audio. I have its cousin the 3100. If you saw my previous post of the "moon," it was taken in the water at Mosquito Isle there at TCD. If you hit it right, you can pick up the camera for less than $200. Maybe better.

:bluefish: :bluefish:

·
Galbayfisher
624 Posts
better than i thought

just checked Ebay. you could probably get the Nikon 3100 for less than $150.
No it's not waterproof. Just be careful. I put mine in a ziploc bag in my deep shirt pocket under my waders when I'm fishing. It works.....

:bluefish: :bluefish:

·
Registered
222 Posts
Brian,

I have the Nikon 3100 and love it. It's very compact and reasonable in price. I bought it from Ritz and paid a little over $200. If you can get it for under that price, jump on it.

Good luck.
SR

1 - 7 of 7 Posts