2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
i think the causeway bridge is open, and i think the keith lake ramp is open

but I don't know for sure...

i doubt though that any county or city ramp is closed because none of them have gates to stop you anyways

·
Registered
99 Posts
Does anyone know if there are any ramps open on the north end of the Lake? I usually put in at the Cow Bayou Draw bridge, and wanted to go on Sunday, but don't wan't to make the drive for nothing.

·
Registered
737 Posts
fishDG said:
i think the causeway bridge is open, and i think the keith lake ramp is open

but I don't know for sure...

i doubt though that any county or city ramp is closed because none of them have gates to stop you anyways
The Causeway bridge was closed for repairs. I don't know if it has opened back up yet or not?

http://www.kbmt12.com/news/hurricane/28503379.html

CrappieGirl said:
Are the levee roads accessable?
From FishingSETX:
North Levee is open till you get past the first set of pipes. Gate is open but the road is unpassable due to washout and large levee rocks covering it. Looks like you can get to walter umphrey state park, but I didn't have time to go. South levee road is passable, but you will need a vehicle with a good amount of ground clearance to get over rocks/asphalt. I made it in my stock Chevy colorado, but it took approx 1.5 to 2 hrs of carefully picking my way through and bottoming out every now and then. Full sized trucks with decent sized tires shouldn't have a problem. Just a warning, it is ROUGH. I may be at the dentists office to have some fillings that rattled loose replaced!!!!

·
Registered
579 Posts
The ramp on 87 in B.C. over Cow Bayou is open. Be very careful heading out, I am sure there is a lot of debris out there. As far as the lake, there is debris but it is not too bad. Take it slow and be careful.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I was able to launch at the Bridge City Seafood ramp on cow bayou at Roundbunch road yesterday. Cow bayou was clear as well as the ICW and Blacks. Lots of trash on the banks but I did not find any debris in the waterways. The water is stained tea colored but fairly clear.

474 Posts
fished Texas bayou today. nothing but a bunch of redfish and monster croakers. There were 8 boats back there today all fishing for croakers. i launched right next to the bridge it was hell!! i talked to two guys that launched at the county ramp down from the 4 way stop. They didnt say anything about it being hard to launch.

·
Thank You! Next
7,757 Posts
SUPERSAM said:
The ramp on 87 in B.C. over Cow Bayou is open. Be very careful heading out, I am sure there is a lot of debris out there. As far as the lake, there is debris but it is not too bad. Take it slow and be careful.
As Sam stated also, be careful and drive SLOW down the bayou where the houses are at, the owners are a wee bit on edge as you well can imagine!
Probably your best bet. You can also access from Esters at the Rainbow bridge if you desire. There are THINGS to hit . Slow down especially by the islands and drains.

Take care

1 - 11 of 11 Posts