2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
The older I get, the better I was.
2,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am heading out in the morning to the north end of Sabine Lake. Chasing the birds. Anyone wet a hook lately in Sabine Lake?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yeah. Jhonson bayou is still producing, the second set of pipes (north pleasure island) monday produced flounder on every cast but alas they were all 13's. Try the shell area at the northern tip of the island where there are old trees sticking out of the water everywhere. I fish about 200 yds out from them sometimes on the shell and usually find some decent trout. its good when there are some birds in that area. as far a bessie heights, havent heard of it producing like it used to. The Louisianna side always has some good action though and coffee ground cove. Before this front, the marsh was like in a time release mode. Now the shrimp have for sure dumped and the birds will start to get killer I hope. The white shrimp crop this year is very large the biologists say...fishing in Cameron sun. heh the honey hole should be HOT. ill post a real flounder picture soon.

·
The older I get, the better I was.
2,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry about the late report.....

Well we launched next to the Rainbow Bridge headed over to Coffee Ground Cove and glassed for the birds. Found about 6-10 birds loosly working so I headed over.

Chunking GLow/char Kelly Wiggs cought about ten specks, 3 were keepers (16-17"'s). Birds were not working or holding very well, so I just trolled around trying to keep up with the school. Every 10-15 min's I would see shrimp and trout jumping out of the water, and I would troll over to them. catch one or two keepers and a few dinks. Ran south looking for birds, (stopped and fished a few slicks on the way....nadda) got around Garrisons Ridge found a flock (small) birds working. started to fish them and was cutt of by another boat. Headed back north.... I can't stand that.....

The water was beautiful....and like glass! Ended up with 6 keepers. Quite a few dinks. The best trout went 19 3/4" the average went 16-17". Had plans to go back out Sun. morn. but wind blew me out of that idea.....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts