2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a solid 5 days of rain and 12 inches later I finally made it back out to the water. The good Lord blessed us with 2 weeks of beautiful weather conditions in Gulf but the wind has recently picked up and forced me to fish the lake instead of the jetties, surf and short rigs.

I have fish the past 3 days(Tues, Wed. and Thurs.) and the Topwater bite has been tremendous. In fact that is all we have thrown. Of course the Black/Green Headed She Dog was a top producer but I made my fishing partner dig in his box for a good old fashion Chug bug after I flipped a few yellow mouths at his feet.

I can honestly say we did not catch any big fish but the action was non stop from daylight until 9:00. We had to catch about 5 to 6 fish to get a keeper. We also caught reds and flounder mixed in with the trout. All fish were apprehended right off the bank because water levels were extremely high.

Bait is so thick right now the fish are going nuts. In fact, yesterday my partner caught a 4 1/2 ft Bullshark on a Topwater and he was hiding in the grass ambushing anything that swam by. Needless to say my thoughts of wade fishing perished immediatley.

God Bless,

Jettyman

·
Husband First, Fisherman Second...
1,988 Posts
Sharks don't scare me. It's the Gators you gotta what out for.

I've seen sharks as far up as Three Bayous. And with the lack of rain I bet they were up pretty far. Especially since I've seen dolphins around Johnson Bayou.

I bet the shark put up one heck of a fight.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts