2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today we wasted little time getting out to the rocks and it paid off big time. We were fishing by 5:30 and by 7:00 we had a 2 man Texas limit. As I said yesterday the quality was lacking, lots of throw backs, today was a different story. We had several in the 2 to 3 lb catagory and the rest were solid keepers, 18 to 20". All of fish were caught on topwaters but after our limit had been achieved we started throwing Broken Backs and different crankbaits and we started hammering bigger fish. We released many fish in the 4lb catagory. After taken a hook in the old hand I decided to call a day. Not single fish we released died but I was tired of removing 3 sets of treble hooks. Later, getting ready to go back tomorrow.

·
Banned
144 Posts
That is aweome. I was out there this past weekend and the water was nice. We ended up catching quite a few trout, some spanish mackeral, a red and then the sharks got horrible. I will be out there tomorrow too.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Y'all Suck

Y'all suck. I fished my a** off on the north end and caught just about nothing. Will not be able to go back until the 20th.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Great report. I'm glad to hear the Jetties are doing well. I had pretty good luck out there on June 30th with a number of specs, haven't been out since. This weekend I plan to meet up with some old college buddies and fish Sat / Sunday morning. I'll let you all know how we do.

·
Thank You! Next
7,757 Posts
Its funny how word gets around, I know personally of 12 boats going out today Friday morning , Let the circus begin.., I will have to wait till my water comes in ,da Marsh too low this Am .. Just a few reds caught.. Good luck to all..!!

·
donbmt
667 Posts
Yea, that is funny, I have a feeling there's going to be a pretty big crowd tommorrow at the rocks. I assume the ramp is OK at the Umphrey pier?

·
Thank You! Next
7,757 Posts
Yep Don , your good to go at The four way, Causeway, both sides and Dick Dowling for a charge ..$2.00..

·
www.saltgrassretrievers.c om
820 Posts
Since when did they start charging to launch at Dowling ? I tried like crazy to go today but I guess we'll have to battle the circus on the weekend !

·
Thank You! Next
7,757 Posts
Unless somethings changed there is a $2.00 charge to enter the Park or launch. State park, just like Sea Rim..

·
www.saltgrassretrievers.c om
820 Posts
Well it's been many years since I launched out of there. I just didn't recall ever paying. I always use the county ramp there by the 4 way.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts