2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You should have been here yesterday. After we ran from the storms and our rod tips stopped buzzing it was a total frenzy. All kinds of fish, you had to catch probably 10 throwback to 1 keeper because of the aggressiveness of the small ones. Great day on the water, I'm glad I had my wife with me she caught her biggest trout ever(a little over 4) and several nice reds. this should definitely help me lobby her for that new boat!!!

·
Husband First, Fisherman Second...
1,988 Posts
Nice report Nuclear!! Where ya'll working some birds, or just found the schools. I'm heading out after work with an ole college buddy that has a few days off. I think we're heading to the north end of the lake.

·
1,988 Posts
Yea we tore them up. Found some bait working as the tide dropped. We caught 15-20 trout and I don't know how many stinking lady fish. Trout were from 8" to 24.5". Caught on Assasins, Catch 2000, and Topwaters. We ended up with 6 trout in the cooler. I'd have some pictures but I didn't have a digital camera, will have to wait for the pictures to get developed.

·
The Duck of Death
2,246 Posts
Good deal Brian. glad to hear sabine is starting to come around .
Going again this afternoon ?

·
1,988 Posts
I haven't decided...Either go fishing...or clean the house...? Go fishing - catch some fish Clean the House - not catching fish?? I am going back home to visit the folks(another words work for them this weekend, installing a septic tank for their new house), and Mother requested some fresh fish. She did turn 55 yesterday(just looked at my birthday calender) Man...I thought it was today, will better get on the phone and tell her that her youngest is bringing home some trout.

·
The Duck of Death
2,246 Posts
if its that dirty where you would pass up a chance to go fishing. Man it must be bad.
Septic tank . Dont ask me to help with that. You know how much fun I had with mine this summer.
My grandma's b-day was saturday and I forgot to call till sunday . DONT MAKE that mistake. But She catch's her own fish . She wanted shrimp's

·
1,988 Posts
Well I have to get the house clean cause i'm moving to another rent house. I think my ancestors were nomads. I called her and she's good. Of course she noticed how tired I sounded on the phone and insisted I should be taking vitamins...haha mothers. I told her I had 6 trout in the cooler, she said she wanted a few more. I guess we're going to have a septic tank installation party/fish fry. Well if momma wants some fish she's going to get some. I guess i'll just have to put off cleaning the house...bummer!!

Hopefully tomorrow I'll extend this report. And with some pictures.

·
Registered
14 Posts
What were the choices, again? I didn't understand the discussion, if fishing was part of the equation--nuthin else matters. I'd rather sit on the dock w/ a piece of twine around my finger fishing for croakers than tickling this keyboard. Regards, Bob

·
1,988 Posts
Well I hate to disappoint ya'll. We ran into a Louisiana Backlake trying to get on some reds. The water was low with no tide movement. That particular lake is hard to fish on a low tide due to all the grass. Weedless spoons kept getting tied up, so we ran out into the lake. There was bait everywhere we went, but nothing working them. I got one 15" trout to hit a spook jr. right before dark. Thru him in the cooler went home and fried him up. I still have some cool pictures I'll get developed soon. I still have 9 left on the camera. Going again Thursday so maybe we'll use them up then.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Little - I need to take you back to the spot I was at last night. It would be perfect for your scooter. It is one of the few places you can still have to yourself on a Saturday, so if you promise to keep it that way I'll show you. The bite gets pretty hot back there in the fall so we'll make a trip real soon.

·
1,988 Posts
Looks like I have plans to fish Calcasieu next weekend, haha. Sounds good to me. I should of took my digital video camera with me yesterday. The mile or two trip winding back and forth in Louisiana is cool. Alligators around every corner, I only have but a few more weeks to fish that lake. There is a big duck blind set up on it. Gotta respect the duck hunters, and the hundreds of bebe's peppering ya, when you pull in to fish there duck hole. That's never happened to me, but i'm not going to test a mad Cajun.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts