"OMG...git da net!!!
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Mudhole Kid...

Is dat you lurkin' ...Gimme a reee...pote!:bounce:

·
Registered
300 Posts
Yeah Man They're Down Here, But They're Hard To Catch.lol. We Fished A Lil' Tourney Lastnight And 30lbs Won It. On Most Nights 30lbs Can Come In One Fish ,but It's Tough For Some Reason. There Wasn't Alot Of Fish Caught At All, And These Fellers Fish Hard. I'm Not Known To Fish Tournaments Because You Can Give Up Some Good Holes.i Always Fish On Friday Night Just For This Reason,saturday Nights Are'nt My Cup Of Tea,,,,,,,,,but Yeah ,they Some Good'en In The State Of S.c.

·
Registered
728 Posts
The spawn seems to be about over here... there have been a few 50lb. fish caught this week, but predominently there are few big fish being caught. The guys over at Tidafish.com are sponsoring a tournament on the James River later this month with a five (5) fish limit, and a "target" weight (I think it's 43 lbs.)... closest combination of any number of fish (up to five) to that "target" weight wins the money... 30$ per boat (I think). Start and finish out of Osborne landing... from about 6pm-11pm if memory serves me correctly... I can post a complete rundown of the rules if anyone is interested in fishing... NightTrain??

Tom

·
"OMG...git da net!!!
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mudhole Kid-I was just funnin' ya...I saw your name on the"active users"list,and thought that might git a rise outa ya.;)

Hawkeye-You fishin' it?That's kinda intriguing,the "target weight"deal.:spineyes:

·
Registered
728 Posts
NightTrain said:
Hawkeye-You fishin' it?That's kinda intriguing,the "target weight"deal.:spineyes:
I haven't made up my mind. I don't like competative fishing much, but I might check this thing out. The "heavy hitters" from the area should be there, and I might learn something... probably how to get my arse wiped in a Catfish tournament LOL.... if you want to come up and fish, let me know and we can fish together... worse case, we can drive the boat downriver to my work and catch a ton of 10-15 pounders until we make the weight....
804-834-2245 (home)
757-365-2423 (work)
Both numbers have voice mail.... Here are the particulars:
June 25th

Osborne Landing Blast Off & Weigh-in (Near Richmond, Va.)

6pm 'til 11pm

Total Weight nearest to 43 pounds Wins

$30 Entry (Includes $10 BigFish Pot)

5 fish limit. All Alive.June 25th

Let me know..

·
"OMG...git da net!!!
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hawkeye-

Generally,in tournaments,they don't allow stringers,even though the fish are alive(mutilation ...even just punchin' a small hole in the lower jaw)...Do ya have a big cooler"livewell ?

·
Registered
728 Posts
Buddy, if you want to fish the tournament it will have to be in your boat. Mine's still not ready. I will buy a big cooler and turn it into a livewell just for the opportunity to fish with you :)

·
"OMG...git da net!!!
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Tournament...

Hawkeye said:
Buddy, if you want to fish the tournament it will have to be in your boat. Mine's still not ready. I will buy a big cooler and turn it into a livewell just for the opportunity to fish with you :)
Flattery will get you everywhere,you FHB([email protected]):D :D !!
Seriously though,I used to live in N.C. and trailored my rig to Gaston or Kerr(lived about a mi. from Kerr).Now that I moved up here on Gaston,I don't have valid plates on the trailer.Tony,my fishin'podna,still lives on Kerr...so that works out for the local holes.My rig stays in the water 9 months out of the year.
The cooler livewells are fairly simple.I saw instructions for construction of them on the Mr. Whiskers website.
Tellyawhat dude,how 'bout we plan on me and you nightfishin' on a Thursday or Friday night,soon.I show ya the holes,humps,flats,and channels.We'll shoot the bull and snag some "night trains".July 4th weekend is out due to the major influx of yahoos.Pick a night and let me know.:dance:

·
Registered
300 Posts
Hey Train ,i'm Bad To Not Log Off And I Guess My Handle Still Shows Up.hawkeye This Tourament Deal Is Ok ,but Like I Said If It's On Your Home Lake You Gotta Be Careful Not To Give Up Your Holes. Thats As Bad As A Guide Taking A Client Out And Giving His Holes Up.this Tourament I Fished This Week Is Small(around 20 Boats) But These Men Are Serious,so I Lay Back For Awhile Before I Do Much. The Fee And The Payback Are About The Same As You Were Talking Of.it Is Fun And If You Fish It Enough You'll Make New Friends And You Will Learn More,but Dont Get Mad When You Go To A Hole You Think Is Your Honey Hole And You Find Your New (freinds) On It. Just Call Me Selfish.......i Don't Like To Share ........i'm Greedy........but You Gotta Like Me Because Im A Catfishing Freak.lol

·
"OMG...git da net!!!
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey Hawkeye...

Look,man,when you and I get together we'll discuss future plans to take a road trip.We got to go down to Hartwell on a recon mission...no fishin'...just recon.Got a good set of binocs...you know anyone with a night vision scope?:slimer: :D :D :rotfl: :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts