2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
It is hard for me to believe Ryleigh has been gone 4 years today. 4 years ago today Ryleigh died as a result of a freak accident while hunting with my father on our family ranch.
Many of you know our story(please do a thread search if not.) and I thankyou for all the thoughts and prayers over the years.

We are doing well as a family. The boys now 12 and 14 are good and Jenn and I are doing well also. We really miss Ryleigh being here with us. This is a tough time of year for us. It is always tough because we miss her everyday. Not the same around here without the vibrant personality in this house. I miss her laugh. The hurt never seems to fade, but we have just learned how to live with it.
My father is doing o.k. This time of the year is real hard on him. He is back in the woods with us again and I am happy about that. Keep him and us in your thoughts and prayers today. Thanks.

If you are hunting this weekend take a little time to dicuss safety with the people hunting with you. Enjoy the woods as we have many wonderful memories of Ryleigh hunting with us. And we continue to hunt and spend time in the woods adding to those memories.
Hug your kids extra today and be thankful.
http://ryleigh-shelton.memory-of.com

We are truely thankful for the 6 1/2 years that we had Ryleigh here with us. It was short, but it was great. No one is guaranteed tomorrow so enjoy the gifts you have in this life today. Life tends to change very fast and unexpected.

Better not bitter in all things.

Thanks Gary

·
Registered
5,613 Posts
I think about your little girl and family often and always offer up a little prayer for ya'll. I can't imagine what it's like for you.

·
"When you speak of me, speak well."
978 Posts
Read the story. Wow! Prayers to you and your family. Seems all precautions were taken.

·
I'm a millionaire in a .02 opinion world
2,569 Posts
So sorry. Godspeed and fair winds ahead. B&P

·
Mr do it all.
598 Posts
posted in other thread as well

What a sad deal this is the first time I have read of this.

4 years ago next week my brother was killed in a fishing accident I know how you feel. I fell to the floor when I got the call....got tears in my eyes for you trust me that feeling is something that never go's away. It's burned in loved ones souls.

My heart go's out for you and your wife and her grand daddy. man oh man

·
Registered
12,968 Posts
Prayers for all of your family. You will see her again in heaven.
RT

·
TAMU '90
58 Posts
God bless you all. I read the story, and it just broke my heart. I am so touched to see y'all continue hunt and fish.. Just shows how strong of a family you must have. Again God Bless you and yours, and I'll say a little prayer so that your day is blessed.

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
Man, that is difficult to read and I get a little choked up every time I read a post about your daughter. I would like to extend a sincere thank you for allowing us to share in the path that your life has taken you. This path has undoubtedly taken you and your family through a very rough, rocky, trying experience. You could have remained a bitter, broken person, but I can see that you have let your beautiful daughter's memory lead you in the right direction, only remembering the good times and how much she meant to you. By sharing your heartache and loss here, you have reminded us all to cherish what we have every day as it could all vanish tomorrow. I will always think of your posts regarding you daughter and it shall always serve as a reminder to cherish those that we hold close. God bless you and your family during this holiday season.

·
Registered
6,848 Posts
Please pray to our Christian savior Jesus Christ for help and he will relieve you of this pain in this life until you meet your loved ones again. God Bless you. CF?

·
quando omni flunkus, mortati
1,506 Posts
Gary,
Since the first time I heard this story I have mentioned Ryleigh and the unique circumstances that took her to every student I have had in my Hunters Safety classes. I hope they all keep her in the back of their minds while in the field and know that there is no such thing as too safe with a firearm. I am sitting here wainting for the end of the school day so I can hug my daughter just a little onger and just a little tighter today.
God bless you and your family,
George

·
Saved by Jesus Blessed by God
2,767 Posts
You guys have my Prayers and sympathies
you also have my admiration and respect
for not letting this tragedy ruin your lives.
I'm sure Ryleigh is watching and waiting at
Heavens Gate

1 - 16 of 16 Posts