2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
It wasn't me!
6,569 Posts
Seen him here in Gruene. Good music for sure.

·
ok, so gulp isn't that bad
1,212 Posts
nope, not a texas boy, BUT the best singer/songwriter of this generation

·
SPECKSICUTIONER
186 Posts
the best of this generation............really?

If your counting "this generation" as the past couple of years, Hayes Carll and Mike McClure are better songwriters, better performers too, i.m.o.

Ryan Bingham's cool though.

nope, not a texas boy, BUT the best singer/songwriter of this generation

·
ok, so gulp isn't that bad
1,212 Posts
If your counting "this generation" as the past couple of years, Hayes Carll and Mike McClure are better songwriters, better performers too, i.m.o.

Ryan Bingham's cool though.
sorry, i meant my generation... the dude is young and wise beyond his age and has faced more sh!t than most people do in their whole lives and his writing compliments it.

i will agree with mcclure, he is by far my favorite. he's a lyrical genious and has produced many cds of others like ryan bales and darren kozelsky and written many songs for them and other big boys like ragweed, bleu and stoney. definately has many feathers in his cap.

along with him, i would put brandon jenkins up there... he's one of the people that you don't hear much from, but you know his songs because other people record them. that's what's great about the whole red dirt/texas music scene... everyone helps everyone out and most are original.

·
Pistol58
2,591 Posts
sorry, i meant my generation... the dude is young and wise beyond his age and has faced more sh!t than most people do in their whole lives and his writing compliments it.

i will agree with mcclure, he is by far my favorite. he's a lyrical genious and has produced many cds of others like ryan bales and darren kozelsky and written many songs for them and other big boys like ragweed, bleu and stoney. definately has many feathers in his cap.

along with him, i would put brandon jenkins up there... he's one of the people that you don't hear much from, but you know his songs because other people record them. that's what's great about the whole red dirt/texas music scene... everyone helps everyone out and most are original.
Mike McClure is one of the best but yall are leaving out another great that you dont hear much from, but writes for other musicians..Brandon Rhyder...I think he tops all of the above mentioned IMO

·
Paddle solo, sleep tandem
3,601 Posts
Bingham is actually playin on my puter right now at work. He throws a heck of a show as well. Mescalito is a great CD as well, he used to play quite a few gigs in Austin, not so much anymore.

Josh Abbott has some good music and puts on a good show. Really nice guys as well. Avett Brothers are up and coming as well if y'all havent heard of them.

Brandon Rhyder has great music as well. Wouldn't be surprised if he's playin at The Hideout this year at some point.

·
Pistol58
2,591 Posts
This is a buddy of mine...yall better watch for him, up and coming, been opening for a few local guys lately...he writes some good sh#$

·
Paddle solo, sleep tandem
3,601 Posts
like Kyle Park, good stuff there.

Stoney has always been a favorite of mine

Josh Abbott has good music, its mainly his followers (women) that I enjoy going to his shows

·
Pistol58
2,591 Posts
JA is definitely not one of my favorites...but he puts on a pretty good show and like Breaux said above...that doesnt hurt

·
Pistol58
2,591 Posts
And the honky tonk kid himself!!!!!! Cant leave him out.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts