2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
One more cast....
11,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am assuming that the rut is over. Going for the last 2 days this weekend. My last chance at shooting a decent buck. Havent seen one yet. Got my fingers crossed. Anyone hunted the area lately? How are the deer moving?

·
227 Posts
The primary rut has been over since the first part of November. You may be seeing signs of the second or third round. All in all, the hill country, especially around Fredricksburg has been very slow primarily due to the overabundance of natural forage. I doubt things will be any better anytime soon. Don't mean to be a party pooper, just shootin' straight!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Just got back from my lease in freder.....Saw nothing in the stand, if you want a buck you're going to have to go get him....I got skunked first day and a half until I gave up and decided to stalk. Nothing is even coming to the feeders at night the corn is going completely untouched ! Finally ended up using my last buck tag though about 40 minutes into the stalk in the a.m. Get a little more sleep and hit the woods at 7:30 am....or 4 in the evening I came across tons of deer !!!

·
One more cast....
11,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the input guys. Heading out right now. Well see what happens.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts