2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first year to hunt a place outside of Orange Grove about ten miles from Alice and I was wondering when the bucks might start running does down here. I figured with these early cold fronts some rug action should of started already. I have seen 30 plus doe in the last two days and none of them acted like they were coming in season. Any help will b greatly appreciated.

·
15,099 Posts
I think your too late...
I hunted Orange Grove once and killed a nice 11 point.
He came to rattling horns but it was 10 plus years ago and I cant remember when I was there. It was a one time hunt not a lease.

·
Registered
19,248 Posts
Always around Christmas it should be in full swing. The yound deer are chasing just west of yall rite n ow.

Charlie

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
Orange Grove is on what I think of as the northeast border of the brush country. I would think that you would be in the rut from now till the end of the season. I know that when I hunted in Duval co. the rut was from Christmas on into Jan.

I now hunt in Colorado county and saw bucks back in Bachelor groups yesterday. Had 3 together, all 8pt., come into a feeder and run the does off.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
I'm outside orange grove & was there this weekend through this morning. Bucks are in full rut, lots of chasing. I rattled until about 10 or so this morning & had 100% success at every location I rattled. Walked up on a really big 10 with about an 8" drop no less than 40 yards away. He was with a doe & didn't have a care in the world about us, really cool.... If you're there now go clank the horns, they're in full rut, or at least on our place...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts