2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yo Fishman!! Keep lookin' out the window for that overnight truck bringin' me a "Mater Care Package.":rolleyes:

Even though I got creative the other day and melted some butter, poured on some rye bread, then smeared the Peanut butter on the other piece, It still didn't come close to a real Home Grown Mater Sammich. :(

I did notice though that my wifes one Mater PLant did have some blossoms on it. I guess Hope really does spring eternal:D

·
Colossians 3
1,364 Posts
Drumbo said:
Yo Fishman!! Keep lookin' out the window for that overnight truck bringin' me a "Mater Care Package.":rolleyes: I guess Hope really does spring eternal:D
Ain't got nuthin' but green ones yet, but there is a bunch of them. One day soon I'll have maters running out my arse. Then it will be mater of time b4 I turn into one :p

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, then you build yourself a little farm stand and sell em' and at least get your cost back. Heck, You could probably mail order them to all the folks on the board. Maybe you could cart em' over to Hatteras and sell em' over there.

·
Colossians 3
1,364 Posts
I got 4 big maters turning red. Picked some okra and cucumbers today.Looking like mater sammiches, fried okra, and cucumbers fer supper Friday night.

Its raining now. Forecast calls for 1-2 inches rain around here. Grow maters grow. :D

·
Banned
702 Posts
Mater sammich......mater sammich.....You yankees aint tasted heaven till ya had fried green maters fried with bacon grease.....Hummphf....

·
Colossians 3
1,364 Posts
This 'ol suthern boy ain't tasted heaven yet either.

El said they are good.

It better be good 'cause I'm gonna take one of my green ones and try it. I'd sure hate to ruin a good mater :( Bacon grease makes about anything better.

What ya do? Dip it in cornmeal or flour before you fry it?

·
Banned
702 Posts
  • 4 to 6 green tomatoes
  • salt and pepper
  • cornmeal
  • bacon grease or vegetable oil
Slice the tomatoes into 1/4 - 1/2-inch slices. Salt and pepper them to taste. Dip in meal and fry in hot grease or oil about 3 minutes or until golden on bottom. Gently turn and fry the other side. Serve as a side dish - delicious with breakfast!

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
"Fried Green Mater Sammich"

Hey West Virginny Boy!! I spent 2 years in Hickory NC and 2 Years in Rome GA, where I was introduced to Fried green Matter Sammiches. And Yep they were good. So all us Yankees are not so unfortunate as to not have had a taste of the good life! :)

·
Banned
702 Posts
Hey West Virginny Boy!! I spent 2 years in Hickory NC and 2 Years in Rome GA, where I was introduced to Fried green Matter Sammiches. And Yep they were good. So all us Yankees are not so unfortunate as to not have had a taste of the good life! :)

Prisoner of war during War between The States???

·
Registered
5,055 Posts
My, my, my!

Hasn't everyone figured out by now that WVAMEDIC was a very important doctor during the Civil War? He took care of General Stonewall Jackson who home was right there in Vir-gin-ee!

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hey You!! Ive been nice to you in the past!! Said all knids of nice things about how you put your life on the line when on the Ambo and now you are accusing me of not only being old but of being a fighter too. You will wake up ond one day find all of Bubbas Choo Choos running amuck in that new garage of yours. Yes and maybe the dog too..............Hee, Hee, Hee!!!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts