2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

If you left Gunnison at 6 am, how long would it take to run in to Freeport? Add 5' seas to that. What time would you expect to make it in?

FC

·
From the old school
1,406 Posts
What kind od boat? mine is a 25ft cat and comming home in a following sea will take about 6 hours at 18-22kts
joker

·
From the old school
1,406 Posts
nice ride

but as you said 5 ft seas I dont think you could run much faster than 20-25 kts with out beating yourself up......when you want to go? althought I am out of galveston we caould made a trip.
joker

·
Freelance Gynocolgist
727 Posts
FC, you are probably looking at 6 hours maybe 6.5 in 5' seas. Winds look fairly bad offshore, pls update us when they get to the dock!

·
Registered
6,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, I'm not looking for a trip right now. I am trying to figure out what time I need to be officially concerned about not hearing from my husband. He is out with a guy running that boat. Just trying to get a feel for when they should be back.

Jan

·
Registered
243 Posts
I believe J. G. Wheatly was with them in a buddy boat. Gunnison is 135 nautical miles from freeport, so it would not surprize me if it took at least 7 hours. Let us know when they get back.

Mark

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
fishin chic
jim wheatley's boat is named "tenacious" . if he has any problems he does notify the coast guard. if they have not been in touch with you by now please call the coast guard in freeport and see if they have notified them. hope they are loaded with fish and sitting at the dock...rick

1 - 11 of 11 Posts