2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night myself and a buddy fished Texas City Dike when three guys decide to come along and all but sit in our laps and proceed to cast across in to our lights tangling us up constantly. No matter how many times I made comments how upset I was they proceeded to keep it up untill I finally gave it up and decided to go home.
 

·
Full of Surprises!
Joined
·
204 Posts
I don't understand why people have to be that way. But every time I have fished a pier, someone always has a story similar to yours! (I have also heard of people cutting lines). Three weeks ago a friend and I were fishing the surf standing on the 2nd sandbar casting straight out infront which later places your bait to the right of you due to current. Well low and behold here comes dumba-- dad (pardon the french) with two daughters swimming right infront of where we were throwing! Could have easly have hooked either one of them! People just don't get it!
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
906 Posts
I dont understand why some people let yourselves get pushed around like that. They are your lights !!! Tell them to leave. If they dont, turn off your lights.

For god sake man take up for yourself.

I would have told them to leave before they even got a line in the water, much less got tangled up in my lines.
 

·
Capt of the spyglass Potlicker club!
Joined
·
12,606 Posts
Great first post!


They wouldn't dare do that to my 18 yr old much less me! I have to agree ,, stand up for yourself or no one will! I wouldn't fish the dike at night with no less than a 6' pipe in the first place... lots of idiots out there,, just cover your six
 

·
waitin' for duck season....
Joined
·
161 Posts
Could have just turned the lights off.......maybe the idiots would have left after about 20-30 minutes. Would have atleast sparked one of them to asked the question "what happened?" "your lights break?" Which would have easily opened the door for you to speak your mind.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
193 Posts
Hendu3270 said:
Could have just turned the lights off.......maybe the idiots would have left after about 20-30 minutes. Would have atleast sparked one of them to asked the question "what happened?" "your lights break?" Which would have easily opened the door for you to speak your mind.
That's a good point!!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,394 Posts
that's prolly what i would've done turn off the light source.and if they asked
what happend,tell them i did'nt pay my light bill.and charge them if they wanted light.
 

·
Ice tea and beans
Joined
·
4,588 Posts
waterspout said:
Great first post!

They wouldn't dare do that to my 18 yr old much less me! I have to agree ,, stand up for yourself or no one will! I wouldn't fish the dike at night with no less than a 6' pipe in the first place... lots of idiots out there,, just cover your six
LMAO!!! yes spout, everyone on the board knows how ya'll are a pair of bad mudders............
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,317 Posts
yup, you are a better man than me. it would have been on first time. If you want to fish my lights, get your wallet out and give me some money. otherwise get the L out of my area. if you don't think that option if fare you really aren't going to like the other option!

silverado 1 said:
Last night myself and a buddy fished Texas City Dike when three guys decide to come along and all but sit in our laps and proceed to cast across in to our lights tangling us up constantly. No matter how many times I made comments how upset I was they proceeded to keep it up untill I finally gave it up and decided to go home.
 

·
Capt of the spyglass Potlicker club!
Joined
·
12,606 Posts
BertS said:
LMAO!!! yes spout, everyone on the board knows how ya'll are a pair of bad mudders............
up shut bert,,,, I don't love you! LOL
And you want me to hook you up with one ,,,right
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,317 Posts
you know, that is why SMACK comes in a role................

That way it is easy when you deside to Lay the SMACK Down!

catch 5 said:
I dont understand why some people let yourselves get pushed around like that. They are your lights !!! Tell them to leave. If they dont, turn off your lights.

For god sake man take up for yourself.

I would have told them to leave before they even got a line in the water, much less got tangled up in my lines.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
905 Posts
Silverado,

Were you fishing on the pier at the end of the dike or did you bring your own light setup? If you fished off the pier, then there really is nothing you can do. They paid the same amount you did to fish. The only suggestion would be to strike up a conversation. If you brought your own lights, then you have a place to speak your mind and maybe educate them on fishing etiquette.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I brought my own lights and even when I shut down to leave they where hanging around I guess to see if I would turn them back on
 

·
Ice tea and beans
Joined
·
4,588 Posts
waterspout said:
up shut bert,,,, I don't love you! LOL
And you want me to hook you up with one ,,,right
yep, still waiting.......

did you get your dog's nails clipped yet?
 
1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Top