2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so I thought I would post up these.

I found these photos of some hunts in Montana from a few years ago (02 &03). All hunts on public land. The antelope score 83" and 79" B&C. One was taken with a bow, the other with a rifle 3 days apart. Notice the diffence in clothing. The temp dropped from high 70's to sub zero in one day. Also notice the orange vest on the antelope bow kill. Buck was taken during rifle season and you have to wear orange even if you hunt with a bow. This buck was taken at about 7 yards after a long stalk to within 30 yards. He was bedded, stood up and walked straight at me grazing. Finallly turned enough for a shot. The subzero buck was taken after spotting him from about a mile. We stalked to within a 100 yards but had to wait for him to stand up for a shot. Antelope don't move around much when the temps are -15 so we waited alomost 2 hours hiding from the wind behind a little cutbank. The mulies are both bow kills taken in 02 & 03 using spot and stalk. Come on hunting season!

Attachments

·
Life is tough, tougher if you are stupid
3,507 Posts
Awesome antelope for sure! Taking one of those with a bow is even more impressive!

·
WestTexasKid
477 Posts
Tony, those are some of the best trophy pics I've seen. The first pronghorn is absolutely a dream. No doubt, he's one that scored in the 80s. The mule deer are killer as well. The ranch you mentioned, isn't that in Chaves co.? Just curious how much is expensive nowadays? A pm would be appreciated. Rube-out!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts