2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
5,432 Posts
send it in

I'd recommend sending it in with a note and personal info. At least they will sell you a prorated replacement, if not for free. Their R&D department will be interested in the failure. :texasflag

·
Do you know who I think I am???
5,375 Posts
The sucks, do you regularly leave it outside? I have had mine for 2 years and it looks and performs like the day I got it.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I never left it outside, it’s been used maybe 30 times, always cleaned, dried and stored in garage after every use. It was never been abused. I liked it so much I bought the next size up, it has not started to delaminate yet.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Mine did the same thing, and it was always well cared for. I emailed rtic about the issue and they suggested that I glue it with a 3M product that I cannot recall. I threw the cooler in the garbage...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
989 Posts
Mine has the exact same problem. probably 4-5 years old. Don't use it daily, mostly during hunting season. It just rides in the back of the ranger. always washed and stored in garage. No clue how to fix it. Some type of 3M glue sounds like a good idea. I just planned on using it until it completely falls apart and then replcaing with something similar.

·
"Never get out of the boat"
444 Posts
Shoe Goo should work. Unfortunately most, if not all of the soft coolers should be stored indoors. The prolong heat while being kept in garages and sheds will eventually break down the adhesives used along the seams. Same goes for expensive wading boots and waders.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Had same thing happen, used e6000 to repair, did not work failed to adhere to the fabric the cooler is made of. Read some comparison reviews of yeti vs engel vs rtic and this delamination problem is a consistent problem for the rtic

1 - 20 of 46 Posts