2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Round Rock PD deployed to Port Arthur at about 0600 this morning to give the local LE guys a much needed break. I'm scheduled to go next in 10-14 days. They will be living in tents and sleeping in cots for the next few weeks from what I understand. I wish them luck, that area is very different that what were used to here in central Texas. What is the area like after Ike?

·
Big Daddy's Custom Rods & Norton Lures
1,066 Posts
rockyraider,

I was in the Beaumont, Port Arthur area last Wed before I had to haul butt back to Matty. The folks in that area are great!. Bring a can of off for yourself and sunblock!

Thanks for being there for the Golden Triangle area!

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its my pleasure. Our department asked for volunteers and within 24 hours they had a teem of 20 ready to go with many more in stand by mode. It will undoubtedly leave us short shifted but we all agreed to do what is needed to help our brothers to the east. I'm at least somewhat familiar with the area as my best friend from Sam Houston State University is now a Beaumond PD Officer. I have been to the area, Beaumont and Port Arthur included, several times now. I hear what you say about the OFF, its a necessity in that area. I'm ready to get down there to help out, I just hope that we can make a difference.

·
Registered
319 Posts
i live in orange and will tell you this. there is good people in port arthur but there is also alot of knuckle heads there just be careful and return home safe. im sure these guys and there families will be greatful for the help.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Lots of OFF, and be ready for the heat and humidity. I grew up in PA and work for Jefferson County. My dad still lives in PA. If I can be of any help to you during your stay, please pm me. Thanks for volunteering to help out. We need it.

·
Registered
700 Posts
rockyraider said:
Its my pleasure. Our department asked for volunteers and within 24 hours they had a teem of 20 ready to go with many more in stand by mode. It will undoubtedly leave us short shifted but we all agreed to do what is needed to help our brothers to the east. I'm at least somewhat familiar with the area as my best friend from Sam Houston State University is now a Beaumond PD Officer. I have been to the area, Beaumont and Port Arthur included, several times now. I hear what you say about the OFF, its a necessity in that area. I'm ready to get down there to help out, I just hope that we can make a difference.
It is great for you guys to help out.((((((Good Job)))))).I dont know what I would do if I had to go work at the coast and couldnt fish it would drive me nuts..I am sure the LEO's down there need a break thanks for putting your life on hold so others can have a break.. I live in Round Rock too I think we have the best PD..

·
www.saltgrassretrievers.c om
820 Posts
Thanks for coming down to help out. Those guys got it way worse than we did from what I hear. We are still on 12 hr. shifts with no days off and all leave cancled, and we most likely will be all next week. Contact me if you need anything I might could help you with while you're here.

Bring some OFF and watch your back.

Brad

Beaumont P.D.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts