2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Man what a week.To make a long story short as I am still feeling the effects of the major amounts of adult beverages consumed over the last seven days.We sailed from Galveston to Key West and enjoyed the sunset sail, then traveled to Caymen for a walk on seven mile beach and some snorkeling. Last stop before returning home was Cozumel where we went offshore for some deep water trolling. The captain and crew were great but fishing was slow.Monica who has never caught a fish of any kind in her life was first in the chair and boated what prooved to be the only fish of the day (a 60 pound dorado) what a job Monica!! After that we had 3 other strikes but no hook ups. After a long slow, smooth ride back on the ship its good to be home.Here is a few of many pictures. Hope you enjoy.

Backlash out

Attachments

·
When it rains, I let it.
2,861 Posts
Hey I know you! LOL! What a sweet fish! Nice to have some R&R! Glad y'all had a good time.

·
Charter Member
6,663 Posts
Backlash, now you're talkin' MY kind of fun!! It sounds like a wonderful trip and I know you guys had a blast. I don't care if Monica catches a hundred fish a day or never catches another one for the rest of her life, THAT fish will be the one that stands out in her memory from now on. Congratulations to her! :cheers:

The pics were great. Don'tcha jes' love that blue, blue water?!? :)

Thanks for the report and pics!

·
@Drew_Smoke
4,158 Posts
I'm gald you posted up that last pic...I thought that was Monica holding that big dolphin all by herself...lol

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
Sounds like a great trip. Congrats to Monica on the Bull. Most of us start out with a bluegill or maybe a croaker for our first fish. 60 lb. dolphin is one heck of a way to start. Only problem is: "What to do for an encore?". BTW, Really neat sunset pic. Think I'm gonna use it as wallpaper for a while.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Royal Caribean

Backlash I am going in October how did you hook up with charter at
cozumel and how much time did you have to fish?

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks ya'll

I'am glad ya'll enjoyed the pics. You said it Jack it doesn't get any better or any funner than that. The water down there is the prettiest I've ever seen and we can't wait to go back. As far as Monica's encore who knows. But I can say this with a little coaching from the crew her possibilitys are endless she handled that fish like she had done it a hundred times. Her favorite saying is "who has more fun than poeple" and last week I finally figured out what that meant. We definately were having more fun than poeple. We booked the trip long before we left for the cruise and it was a 1/2 day trip. We were on the water a little more than 4 hours and that gave us plenty of time to get from the ship to the boat and back again and do a little shopping in between. What surprised me was that we had 4 poeple on the boat and they had three crewmen. One driving one cooking and one working the lines, and these guys know how to take care of you. I will post their phone number later so if anyone wants to contact them this outfit comes highly recomended from me. Pedro makes the best sebichi (spelling ?) casadias in the world. Get back to ya'll soon with the contact info!

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey Hey

Here is the contact info. Contact Rita and Burek at either 888-333-4643, or the web site address is http://www.albatroscharters.com please tell them Andy and Angie from Houston sent you. Working on a discount for the next trip to Cozumel don't you know.;);) Oh if any of you were wondering in the second pic the guy in the Corona hat upside down is in the bellyflop contest doing a back flip off of the chair and landing face first in the pool. What a great time that was. I know his wife of 20 years (it was their anniversery) must have been so proud.:eek: Safe fishing and tight lines to all.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts