2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am hoping someone will be kind enough to describe a good route (or post an aerial map with lines/arrows) from lower Chocolate Bay to Churchill Bayou and to the north side of Christmas Bay from the ICW (I generally launch at the 2004 ramp).

In other words, once I am in the ICW/West Bay, I am looking for the general route to Churchill Bayou with any markers and hazards to look out for. I am also looking for the best route into the north side of Christmas from the ICW (the reefs in Bastrop are hard to see after Ike wiped out the houses).

I have a Pathfinder w/ jackplate and pocket tunnel and can generally get decently shallow (not scooter boat shallow) and am familiar with Christmas Bay once there. (I don't want to launch at Ernie's because it adds drive time).

I am asking because I do not have a gps/chartplotter yet and have been kayaking the last few years.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Take ICW to first Bastrop entrance. Follow the poles ( Stay a little right of them) and you will come out basically in Church Hill

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bird Dog:

Thanks, that is helpful. I appreciate the information.

Castaway 3000:

Thanks also. I have looked at Google Earth but I don't think it shows the way across West Bay that I'm trying to find. (At least not that I can tell).

Basically, I am just looking to avoid running aground on the sandbars along what I understand to be a fairly well known route across West Bay.

Problem is I don't know the route since I haven't been boating there in a few years and with a kayak it's not an issue.

Anyone else inclined to help?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts