2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
we covered most of our plants last night and ran out of old sheets before we got to the roses. i have heard that they will not freeze, does anyone know for sure if this is true or not. i guess if they do ill just cut them back for the year anyways. Thanks, MIKE

·
Registered
26,148 Posts
I have 3 "knock-out" roses in my front yard. I didn't do anything to them for the freeze/snow in early December - and they seem to be just fine.

·
Registered
802 Posts
I have 3 "knock-out" roses in my front yard. I didn't do anything to them for the freeze/snow in early December - and they seem to be just fine.
Same here. I talked to my landscaper this morning and she assured me that our roses, both knock-out and other varieties, will be fine. I hope she's right because that's all we have left after last month's freeze.

·
Follically Challenged
5,373 Posts
We have several antique types of roses, they have endured many freezes & several snows. your roses should be just fine.

·
non-politically correct
7,304 Posts
You will simply need to trim them up after the freeze and as should be done before spring anyway. Most rose bushes are very hardy. I don't cover mine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts